Confused about NVQ 3 - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazbaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some advice!
I've almost completed my NVQ 2 Beauty Therapy and am looking for somewhere to do NVQ 3 Beauty.

I've researched loads and keep coming up with different modules for different places for Level 3.
Some places are saying L3 includes Microdermabrasion, Massage and Electrical Facials only. Other places are saying the above as well as Hot Stone, Indian Head and Body Electrics too.

Does the Level 3 come in different versions and with different numbers of modules?

Doing the NVQ 2, I completed various Generic units as well as Man/Ped, Waxing, Facials, Eye Treatments and one optional which was MakeUp.
These all are standard units wherever I look.

NVQ 3 has different numbers of modules wherever I look.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Shaz xx:confused:

Their are 2 main level 3 ;
General route - Swedish massage, body & facial electrical sand electrical epilation.
Massage route - Swedish massage, Indian head massage, hot stone massage, aroma with pre blended oil massage and electrical facials.
We stopped offering the general route a few years ago and only offer massage route, due to lack of demand fir epilation and the massage route leaves you with more individual massage skills.
Most FE colleges direct you to the general route after level 2 . I hope this helps 😄

shazbaby, I'm in the same position as you - will finish my level 2 soon and will have covered the same units as you.

Our college no longer offers the general route so massage or holistic is the only 'beauty' routes available. I'm doing the massage route as I want to work in a spa! :green:

Our college has asked us to apply for level 3 now (we don't finish 2 until the summer) but cannot tell us what route they are doing or what it will cost. I'm not too impressed tbh!

Thankyou to you all for your replies! It really helps.
Ryk...looking at your info, it is definately the general route I wanted as I want to learn electrolysis, swedish massage and face and body electrics.

Ugg73...well done and good luck!! I dont know about you but I'm raring to go with Level 3 as I loved Level 2! Let me know how you find it when you start.

Ch-ela...I wouldn't be impressed either as I'd like to know before hand. Surely, your college should know this as it can change the whole direction of someone's career! Good luck though!

Thanks again lovely geeks xx

It's a long story Shazbaby. Not happy with the course at all.

I've PM'd you Ch-ela xx

When I took my level 3 there were a few options to choose from: General, Spa Therapy, Nails or Make-up. I chose Spa Therapy but wish I'd done General. My reason being that Spa Therapy included Indian head massage and body exfoliation & wraps, which are quite cheap and quick to add on. General route includes electrical facials and body treatments which cost a lot to add on and the courses are hard to find.

Darlington College Spa route includes:

• Indian head massage
  • Facial electrical treatments
  • Aromatherapy
  • Body massage
  • Stone therapies
  • Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
  • Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
  • Anatomy and physiology

Our college has asked us to apply for level 3 now (we don't finish 2 until the summer) but cannot tell us what route they are doing or what it will cost. I'm not too impressed tbh!

Just because you fill in the form, it doesn't stop you from enrolling at other colleges too, .... It's called keeping your options open, esp if they don't run the course you want in the end, your not obliged to go back just because you filled in a form, it's not until you actually enrol next sept that you would technically be in their books .... they either just want you to think you have to stay there or after how many number of students they will have next year so they can decided which courses to run.
Xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back