Confused by bleach and removers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busy-bee

Reaction score
I asked my college tutor today about bleach baths and colour removers/strippers.
I wanted to know which is best and what situations you would use each for and why, if that sort of makes sense? Why you would pick one over the other?
She did answer me but I'm totally confused now and can't remember what she said lol
When would you all use a bleach bath and when would you use a remover?
Thanks in advance, it's great to have somewhere to come and ask without feeling stupid lol

Just bumping this up as I'm still confused lol

at my salon we use Loreal, so our color remover is called Effasor, its ok, i dont find its more gentle on the hair over using Powder Lightener, with Effasor you can use it in different ways, Mix it with boiling hot water to remove 1 shade, but you need to keep rubbing the hair with a sponge, which can be messy, or can be mixed with Oxydants, 6%-2-3Shades, 9%- 3-4Shades and so on, i honestly finds it maked the hair more dry than using bleach, to mix my bleach in a 1:1 1/2 ratio when using it with 4 pumps of shampoo eg 40g Platine + 60g 6% and 4 pumps of shampoo, i usually start off with that amount, and adjust it with if i need more or less, there are other colour remover brand out there, havn't tryed them, so cant comment on them, but i prefer bleach, much better and its not going to trash the hair if you know what your doing.

Latest posts

Back