Confused! Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
Hi
I have a regular client who has asks me to colour her hair chocolate brown but with red highlights.
I'm having a blonde moment and not sure what to do!
At the moment I am aplying a few bleach and 10v in foils throughout and apply 6.73 thought the rest of the hair and I tone the highlights with 9.04 the result is chocolate brown with caramely highlights.
Now she wants the same base colour but with bright red highlights. Should I just do as I'm currently doing but tone with 77.46? Or /45 special mix and 9.0?

Or apply it differently all together?

I use koleston perfect.

Sorry to ask but I work on my own and no one to get opinions from, lol.

Anyone?
Opinions appreciated! 😊

Have you tried Magma by Wella? It's a very underrated product that I have rediscovered recently. It does both: bleach and tones hair. Especially great for cutting through old colour. It contain direct dyes and can be refreshed with relights, also by Wella.

Have you tried Magma by Wella? It's a very underrated product that I have rediscovered recently. It does both: bleach and tones hair. Especially great for cutting through old colour. It contain direct dyes and can be refreshed with relights, also by Wella.

I second magma. Lifts brilliant. You've also got igora fashion lights which I've heard good reviews about. Magma reds do fade a fair bit but you can refresh them.

Yeah I did think about magma. I haven't used it jn a number if years though as
my concerns were that the red does fade quickly :-/
If I have to refresh after a couple of weeks i would be as well just toning with red I think (?)
My concerns with that were the toner affecting the choc brown, but that will happen if I have to refresh with colourfresh anyway.
I will have a look at magma again over the weekend and may try it again, if not I will go for the 10v + bleach foils lifting to yellow/orange and then tone. Stop me if you think though that that's not a good idea!

I used magma /44 and /34 today with 6%. 1:1.5 mixing ratio. You can also do a perfecton rinse at the basin to brighten the colour up. I was doing a colourmelt on my client and it was brilliant. Magma does fade but in my experience reds do fade fast and need weekly maintenance with a direct dye.

Can you use magma over bleached hair?

Latest posts

Back