Consultation cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsty91

Reaction score
I am just starting out doing beauty from home and have bought some client consultation record cards off eBay, will this be suitable to make sure insurance would be covered? They aren’t that in depth but covers allergies, medical history etc. And for this is it ok to use the one consultation card on the first appointment then just get them to sign he record card for each treatment they come for after that?

Thanks

Hi Kirsty, congratulations on starting up your business from home :)

It may be worth just reviewing your insurance documents to be sure. As long as no treatments are performed prior to carrying out patch tests and collecting sufficient information etc you should be fine. Don't forget the recent GDPR rules that have changed and may affect what information you hold on clients.

I found this article that you may find useful: https://www.salongold.co.uk/knowledgehub/therapist-insurance-client-records
It has a section about 'completing client record cards correctly'. Which may help you clarify if the cards you have purchased are ample for your needs. It also has a paragraph on 'storage and confidentiality of client records'.

Here is another one re GDPR for salon owners, therapists, hairdressers and mobile workers: https://www.allaboutyour.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection-salons-hairdressers-therapist-mobile.html

That is absolutely fine to use the same record card for subsequent treatments & as you say get the client to date and initial following each visit. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the information! Although I noticed t is recommended you note on the record cards what aftercare has been given and any recommendations but wouldn’t that be a lot to write down on a record card? Also if they come for different treatments all aftercare will be different? Iv had a look at my insurance I’m with ABT but all I can find is it stating about keeping note of patch tests done.

Also would you normally buy client record cards as a consultation or do you make them yourself with the relevant information?

Thanks

No problem! :)

I think with regards to the aftercare notes - they're not compulsory to have a record of. It is more for your own use/benefit to follow-up with a client - perhaps if you have made any recommendations to them? Although if any aftercare is necessary for the treatment to work effectively - it is possibly worth having a record as evidence if there are any discrepancies following a treatment.

I would imagine you would be fine after checking your insurance policy - as you say, the main emphasis is on patch tests. As long as you have carried them out prior to any treatment and followed the guidelines accordingly - you should be covered.

Thanks so much for the information! Although I noticed t is recommended you note on the record cards what aftercare has been given and any recommendations but wouldn’t that be a lot to write down on a record card? Also if they come for different treatments all aftercare will be different? Iv had a look at my insurance I’m with ABT but all I can find is it stating about keeping note of patch tests done.

Also would you normally buy client record cards as a consultation or do you make them yourself with the relevant information?

Thanks

I like to give my clients aftercare leaflets and I get them to sign to say they have had one and I just briefly go through it with them after the treatment

Yeah I think I’m going to make up aftercare leaflets to hand out after the treatment. And for consultation forms do you make them do one every time they come or just on the initial appointment and then go over if there has been any changes in future appointments with them signing to say it’s stayed the same?

Yeah I think I’m going to make up aftercare leaflets to hand out after the treatment. And for consultation forms do you make them do one every time they come or just on the initial appointment and then go over if there has been any changes in future appointments with them signing to say it’s stayed the same?

I just take another form with me and I prefill their name and just ask if anything has changed and quickly check no contraindications and get them to sign to say they are happy for the treatment to be performed. I have a therapist section on my forms to put what services I have done. I wouldn’t give them another aftercare leaflet if it’s for the same treatment unless they request one [emoji4] I make my own forms based on the ones we used at college and just added a few bits for insurance

Latest posts

Back