Contract with self employed staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
hi. Can anyone advise me on suitable guidelines to outline in a self employed contract? Regarding holiday/working hours/sick days etc. We operate on a 60/40 split....40 to the salon. I'm haven't got one in place and feel as a business owner I might get taken for a ride! Thanks in advance

Pretty simple really. They can have as much holiday as they want, do any hours they want and if they are sick and don't feel like coming in, they don't have to.

They are self employed.

All you need to look for is a rental contract as you're just a landlord.

Pretty simple really. They can have as much holiday as they want, do any hours they want and if they are sick and don't feel like coming in, they don't have to.

They are self employed.

All you need to look for is a rental contract as you're just a landlord.
So how does that work then....if your a landlord you should get your tent regardless?

So how does that work then....if your a landlord you should get your tent regardless?
If you do a set rent per week you will get your rent regardless but with percentage you only get a percentage of what they earn, if they earn nothing you get nothing.

Rent for me every time x

I do one weekly rent (hair) & 1 % split (beauty) works well for me :)

hi. Can anyone advise me on suitable guidelines to outline in a self employed contract? Regarding holiday/working hours/sick days etc. We operate on a 60/40 split....40 to the salon. I'm haven't got one in place and feel as a business owner I might get taken for a ride! Thanks in advance

That's why it's very important to spend time interviewing and getting to know your renter.

You need to ensure they share the same sort of work ethic and that their standard of work is as good as yours. If they produce shoddy work, it reflects badly on the salon but you can't do much to rectify the situation as the contract is between the client and your renter and you have no authority to intervene.

Your contract with them should cover what utilities and services (and products) are included, when rent is due, notice period etc. Similar to a landlord renting a flat.

Has anyone a template for a staff contract ? They are working for me

Latest posts

Back