Cool but how to do a beaded nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMARA_J

Reaction score
I have not done that one.
But I have done one "LIKE" this one (this is NOT mine, I am not satisfied with the one I did and will try again)
Nails Magazine - Nail Art
where the bead is sunk into a hole.

My guess is the bead was thread onto a bent wire, then when the L&P was still wet, either end of the wire was stuck and held into the L&P until it cured. Then the rest sculpted/added to it later.

When I did mine like the one in the link I posted above, I did the following:
- I used a round hole punch, and punched a hole into the tip.
- prepped nail etc, attached the tip.
- applied one layer of gel and cured (I would have sculpting, but sculpting with a perfectly round hole to my mind is insane to even try with uv gel, but likely much easier with L&P) and did NOT wipe off dispersion layer
- I took a safety pin and cut with wire cutters to the length I wanted (have since bought more appropriate and THINNER wire to try again) and inserted it through a bead.
- I lay the wire with the bead across the hole so that the bead sat in the hole, and drizzled self levelling gel over either end of the wire, cured (drizzled so I wouldn't displace the wire)
- I next continued to build the nail as usual with gel, mindful of the hole and the wire, full cure
- File & buff, then glossed and cured.

I hope this helps
:hug:

n32812316_31097578_134.jpg

this was posted by Chicago's Puerto Rican Mami i cant take the credit for it but hth's i put rignstones where u can see the wire underneath so the attach points are hidden or u can do nail art what ever u like.. keep in mind you can put the wire side to side diagnal up and down whatever and you can use more than 1 bead just make enough room for it to move loosley... to make the hole use a hole puncher from the craft store any shape u like or u can use your efile utalize your local craft store u'll be amazed at the things it has for nail art

How would you do it with the wire on the outside of the nail like in the pic i linked in my first post??? Any ideas?

my guess.. glue the wire raised with the beads on and apply the acrylic around it :| i love that web site's nail art gallery good luck

Thanks for bringing this up, found it most interesting!!!
:)

ooh it looks nice but dont think i could be bothered with the faffing :lol:

Can anyone tell me what sort of hole punch you use for this?

I'm intrigued now!!!!:lol:

a paper hole puch any shape and size just go to your local craft store theres everything in the scrapbooking section look at where u can get school supplies theres sometimes things there

Just finish your nail as usual, then take a drill and drill a small hole in the nail, take a piece of craft wire thread it through the hole, bend it over under the nail and a bead of acrylic or gel to secure the end of the wire. Take your beads, butterflies, hearts, rounds, etc., and thread them on the other end of the wire, thread wire through second hole and attach the second wire the same way you did the first wire. Done.

Just finish your nail as usual, then take a drill and drill a small hole in the nail, take a piece of craft wire thread it through the hole, bend it over under the nail and a bead of acrylic or gel to secure the end of the wire. Take your beads, butterflies, hearts, rounds, etc., and thread them on the other end of the wire, thread wire through second hole and attach the second wire the same way you did the first wire. Done.
Thanks Gellie-Bean :lol:

Can anyone tell me what sort of hole punch you use for this?

I'm intrigued now!!!!:lol:

I use friskas hand held punchs they come in all shapes and sizes and are available from most craft shops.

Your Welcome Samara!:green: :green: :green:

Latest posts

Back