Cool films!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redchris001

Reaction score
Hi all you geeky film buffs.

Having had a very hectic few months I am planning to have a really cozy Friday night in, with my other half, with a film, a bottle of wine etc..... Trouble is, I don't know what film to get!!!!!! I want a really good one - one that keeps you riveted to the screen, where you can forget the outside world and get lost in it!

What do you all suggest? What's your favourite films? I'd love some suggestions. I like psychological thrillers like 'Silence of the Lambs' and science fiction films like 'The Matrix'.

Anyway I can't think of any good ones out lately - so please help!!!

You have got to get "Man on fire" with Denzil Washington.....brill film imo......i was hooked from the first 2 mins.........HTH......xxxxxx

Not heard of that one - but I like D Washington - Cheers!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Have you seen Gothika with Halle Berry, you will love this.

David

Gothika is a bit scary I was hiding behind a cushion. You may spill your wine
Jaydee said:
Have you seen Gothika with Halle Berry, you will love this.

David

nicolajean said:
Gothika is a bit scary I was hiding behind a cushion. You may spill your wine
Oh No!!! we can't have that I can't spill my precious Chardonnay!!! LOL

Im with Angie on this one Man of fire is the best film I have seen in yonks. Everytime I thought it was going to end, the story kept spilling out more twists, highly recommend this one bub

Ooooh i love talking bout films!!!!

Have you seen The Bone Collector? Thats another with Denzel. And Angelina Jolie. Brill film! Also how about The Rock? Bad Boys? I.Robot? xxx

Seen 'The Bone Collector' and 'I Robot' - BRILL - but not the others Does anyone know what Nicole Kidman's 'BIRTH' is like? A friend suggested this and I'm not sure!

If you like Denzil have you seen 'The Fallen' .... an oldie but a goldie imo.

'Tiiiiiime is on my side ... ooooh yes it is' :wink2:

Hi Chris,

"Saw", it's one of the best movies I have ever seen and I am one of the worst critics!!! It is very clever and keeps you guessing till the very last second, get a 5 star rating from me!!!!

xxxx

Hey thanks you lot!!! gots loads to choose from sort of torn between 'Gothika', 'Saw' and 'The fallen' right now because I have never heard of any of them and the titles are soooo intriguing!!

NailStyle said:
You have got to get "Man on fire" with Denzil Washington.....brill film imo......i was hooked from the first 2 mins.........HTH......xxxxxx

I aggree with Angie on this as well, it has to be seen. Though one of my favourites is Sixth Sense, I could watch it over and over again. The one we're trying to get through at the moment is Rose Red, but we have'nt managed it yet. It's just over 4 hours and we always fall asleep halfway through. Mind you, we don't put it on until about 10.30 at night, what do you expect?

Birth is meant to be really good! Want to watch that. Im out of ideas hun! If you want any ideas for a comedy/silly/disney/chick flick i can help! x

sambam said:
Ooooh i love talking bout films!!!!

Have you seen The Bone Collector? Thats another with Denzel. And Angelina Jolie. Brill film! Also how about The Rock? Bad Boys? I.Robot? xxx
I've seen I Robot and it's excellent. Really didn't want to watch it but boyf wouldn't let me watch bridget jones AGAIN.....lol....so I Robot it was. Wasn't what I thought it would be and really enjoyed it.

I thought "Vanilla Sky" was good. But I think that one was on the tele' not long back.

Latest posts

Back