Coping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closed for the afternoon. Had my mother ( she has dementia) shouting at me this morning, saying my Dad has gone missing, and than his Death Certificate arrived in the post /:

Closed for the afternoon. Had my mother ( she has dementia) shouting at me this morning, saying my Dad has gone missing, and than his Death Certificate arrived in the post /:

Oh lovely, what a rotten situation you're stuck in at the moment :( Do you have some support? partner, sisters/brothers? You sound like you need a shoulder to lean on too.

It is 25 years today that my little sister passed away. My son has been great but he has, had to go back to work today x

Goodness, you're having a very challenging time at the moment!

I wish I lived nearby and could pop over with some hot food and to lend a hand. I hope you've got someone in real life to offload to. Keep posting here though, if it's helping. More hugs. ((()))

Same as above id be there in a shot if I were closer, just close up for a bit love & deal with your family, that's awful :(

I think we're all sending you hugs and support x

More love and hugs from me too. Do what is right for you...just sometimes we have to put ourselves before our clients. The clients who are right for you will understand xxx

I did a full day today and I was ok it will take time to get there. i am missing my Dad so much xx

Lots of love and support here, which is beautiful to see. It's great to see a community come together.

Maybe you can even cultivate some of that love and support within your customer base by sharing of your Dad's passing. People like to see other people as just people, so a little (or a lot of) vulnerability can help show you who cares most.

Sure helps for healing, and it helps to know for future business reasons as well.

Sending you love and healing energy...

Sunni

So so sad to hear of your loss Tresses. Be kind to yourself, sending you lots of love. Xx

Thank you everyone I dont know how I have got through the last few weeks, but I have thrown myself back into my work. I cant thank you all enough for all your kind words of support x

I lost two very close family members in two years recently and there are still moments when great, nauseating waves of grief will engulf me. I find comfort in my work, it gives me sanity and structure as I know staying at home would result in falling in to a dark hole of misery that I may never quite recover from. My clients are kind and supportive and when I had to rush to hospitals or attend funerals they simply and kindly rearranged their appointments around me.

And remember, always find time for wine.

Thank you everyone. My Dad's funeral was yesterday, I have taken today off xx

Hi I am after some advice. I have been running my salon by myself for about 9 months since my staff left to open their own salon. My Dad died yesterday, and I am having to work today as I am fully booked. I am just asking what the best way to cope in situations like this. Thank you x
What a horrible situation for you. Here are some suggestions. Be honest with your customers today, they will be supportive. Try to get someone to cover for you if you need some time out. I am sure there are people here who can help you. Put a shout-out on Twitter or FB. Otherwise, ask a friend to rebook your clients for you explaining the situation. Be gentle with yourself, and don't expect too much. Take care x

Latest posts

Back