Copper hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kreativehair

Reaction score
Am I right saying client Virgin hair level 5 wants to be a level 7 copper all over.
Im a wella or clynol user, so was thinking 7/4 and 30vol all over starting at the ends mid then roots.
She wants to be bright or is there another brand brighter?

You're only lifting 2 levels, why use 30vol?

You might risk blowing out the tone by going in with 30. But I don't use Clynol or Wella.
@cams97 is one of the best people to ask Wella questions too

If she wants to be bright then use some special mix. Maybe you might be better using an 8 too if she really wants it bright.

30vol is used for 2 levels of lift in wella.

So cams u reckon I use an 8 she wants to be a vibrant ginger! And should I maybe use another brand or has wella got something on the 8 line?

So cams u reckon I use an 8 she wants to be a vibrant ginger! And should I maybe use another brand or has wella got something on the 8 line?

8/43 with 0/43 and 12% will be bright. Retail an orange direct dye to her too if she wants super bright.

Would 9% still work and be bright, I love the loreal maji copper but this can't be used on scalp is this correct?

Would 9% still work and be bright, I love the loreal maji copper but this can't be used on scalp is this correct?

No why would you use 9% when you're wanting to achieve an 8?

That's correct majicontrast is not suitable for on scalp, I did it on myself, felt fine but wouldn't do it on a client.

Yeah I did on myself also few years back and was fine, so 8/43+0/43 12% on a Base 5

You could however put in a panel of majicontrast copper in foil, with 7/34 in between x

As in the 7/34 in between the copper in the panel or as the all over?

As in all over the hair. So you will have a strong bold copper with a bright streak of vibrant copper. It is more bespoke than an all over colour x

Or you cold use 7/34 on roots and then majicontrast on mid lengths and ends...possibility are endless x

Yeah I did on myself also few years back and was fine, so 8/43+0/43 12% on a Base 5

Yeah, 5-6 1 level of lift, 6-7 2 levels of lift, 7-8 3 levels of lift.

I've just started to use igora Royal 8/77 with 9% on a base of a 6 and beautiful copper but used 8/34 wella and also beautiful,post a pic afterwards it'll look lovely

Hi all so went today to have consultation with the client and she has put a brown die on it abt year ago. I've took a test cutting of it, I've suggested an ombre so I could of used maji contrast on her ends but she wants 1 all over even colour.

Hi all so went today to have consultation with the client and she has put a brown die on it abt year ago. I've took a test cutting of it, I've suggested an ombre so I could of used maji contrast on her ends but she wants 1 all over even colour.

You're gonna have to lift up those ends!

Or try persuade her into 7/43 with 0/43 at the roots then majicontrast on the ends!

Thanks cams I did suggest that but she wants it all the one all over colour her hair is thick and down to her bum! Should I just do 4pqrts blondor 1 part pastel would only need prob abt 2 shades lift

Thanks cams I did suggest that but she wants it all the one all over colour her hair is thick and down to her bum! Should I just do 4pqrts blondor 1 part pastel would only need prob abt 2 shades lift

Yeah, make sure you lift it to a pure yellow.

If I lifted it to pure yellow would that not mean that be slight difference in shades from root to tip, and yeah once lifted I'd prob of used colour touch will it not fade quicker pre lighten also?

Latest posts

Back