Correct care instructions for acrylic brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Can anyone clear this up for me??

How do you properly care for your acrylic brush to stop the bristles splaying etc and make it last longer, because I have been trained for 4 years and heard all different things. Like, don't clean it, do clean it, don't wipe it too much etc etc......I got taught to clean your brush with brush cleaner after every use and it is ok to wipe it as much as you need to during acrylic application as long as you are taking care.

Please help :o

Hi, im not expert,but I can tell you what i do,
when i did my CND course, i really learnt alot about my brush, sounds a little bit sill, but now ive had the training it makes sound advice,and really helped me with my product control etc.
I bought a metal case to keep my brushes in, as its important that theyre stored horrizontally,it wasnt expensive,and also looks quite impressive : )

and i actually just keep it clean with my monomer,and make sure i give it a right good dip,and wipe before putting it back in its case : )
Kate x

when i did my CND course, i really learnt alot about my brush, sounds a little bit sill, but now ive had the training it makes sound advice,and really helped me with my product control etc.
I bought a metal case to keep my brushes in, as its important that theyre stored horrizontally,it wasnt expensive,and also looks quite impressive : )

and i actually just keep it clean with my monomer,and make sure i give it a right good dip,and wipe before putting it back in its case : )
Kate x

Thank you for your very helpful advice :green:

Kate x

Hi can I ask where you got the metal case from please?

I was taught the same. Just to clean it with monomer and never to use brush cleaner or acetone to clean it.
If you do get a bit of acrylic stuck in it just soak the brush in monomer til it softens enough to wipe it out.

Store it flat after you've made the bristles back into a point.

Hi can I ask where you got the metal case from please?

I was taught the same. Just to clean it with monomer and never to use brush cleaner or acetone to clean it.
If you do get a bit of acrylic stuck in it just soak the brush in monomer til it softens enough to wipe it out.

Store it flat after you've made the bristles back into a point.

Hi, yes sure,
it was from CND,
I got the black metal one,wasnt very expensive, £12 or something( i think)
they also had a white one, which was much cheaper : )
x

Hi, yes sure,
it was from CND,
I got the black metal one,wasnt very expensive, £12 or something( i think)
they also had a white one, which was much cheaper : )
x

Thanks.
CND here in Aus said they don't stock it normally but have some in at the moment.
I'm waiting to hear/see what they look like as they don't have them up on their site (this was all through FB.
I currently store mine in individual clear plastic cylinders but the tins sound nicer !!

Latest posts

Back