Correcting Other salons messes. .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottydolly

Reaction score
I had an assessment for my level three assessor and a friend of mine asked me to do her daughters colour for it. . She told me she usually gets it done at another salon but because it is cheaper being a model she thought it would be a good idea ass her daughter is a student. I was told that she has ginger hair and that it has been bleach blonde for about two years and was just needing its roots done . . Simple enough in theory i hear you say. . Not the case
During consultation i assessed the hair and not only was their banding, their were patches of hair that appeared to have been missed on several occasions. My assossor looked and asked what the causes were which i had to reel off and the poor girl was furious that her hair had been mucked up on several occasions, their had been overlapping, sectioning had been too thick as their were like large strips oher natural colour in random places. . So anyways i had to proceed to do the roots as best as i could and then once processed and rinsed i had to go back in again and spot colour all these patches just to balance it all out. .
all in all it was a stressful affair, i finished my colouring units because their was so much correction to be done so in a way it was a good thing, but how often do you lot find yourself fixing other salons messes? and how do you eexplain to clients that the hair was really in quite a mess without making it sound like your just being bitchy? x

i have to say quite often! either the hair has been hacked off or highlights are over processed and over lapped...the list goes on.....

majority of the time thats why they'v come in becoz they already know its been done badly and they'v been recommended by their friends.

when they dont know, i bring to their awareness what is not right, as long as u are nice and they can see the issues, i dont think it sounds bitchy, i think that if you talk about the hair and say what technically is right and should happen, and are't talking about the person who done it as such, then u aren't being bitchy. i even say sometimes to clarify, im not putting them down but these things should'nt happen when done properly.

people are paying hard earned money and they should be getting what they payed for. it gets a bit more of a problem when ur own colleague has done the screwing up.....i have one client who's hair had been absolutely trashed by someone i work with, after ripping her long hair through a cap and over lapping, all becoz she's not capable of doin foils, iv now got it looking absolutely top dollar, it flatters her more and more importantly the hair is in near on perfect condition now....the only hiccup is making sure they dont cross pathes when shes in for her hair!

at the end of the day your clients value ur professional opinion, ur doin ur industry a credit by keeping the high standards u do and not to mention gaining a larger clientelle!

Latest posts

Back