Correctly sanitizing equipment when mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy1987

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wanted some advice on the best way to keep my equipment e.g tweezers, cuticle pusher & nippers etc hygienic & sanitized when you are mobile.
I was hoping there might be a solution that is also lightweight, i was thinking maybe some kind of spray or something?
Any help or suggestions would be great
Thanks x x

You can use a disinfectant spray like this one from sweet squared..

Hard Surface Disinfectant Spray (500ml)

Or any other spray sanitiser, just spray onto a tissue then wipe down your tweezers, tools etc straight after using them and put them away ready for your next client. And when you get home you can sterilise and sanitise more thoroughly. HTH's x

ooh and you could always decant it into a smaller bottle - like the little travel bottles you can get from supermarkets etc.. I am going to start looking out for them nearer the Summer time as they usually have special offers on for holidymakers.

I have a small travel bottle that I have neat barbicide in and a little plastic cup, not the flimsy disposable ones, one that you would use for little kids. When I'm settin up I set up the barbicide and stick my cuticle pusher, nippers and nail cutters in there. By the time I've finished the mani or pedi and cleared up, I empty the cup last so the implements have the maximum amount of time in the barbicide. hth :green:

I would use barbicide as well . That way , if the client can see you are sterilising properly it will make you look professional and the client will feel more confident that hygiene procedures are carried out

ahh good idea Sukic, I kept looking for something to hold the barbicide in which I could also put my tools into. Never thought about doing it the way you do! doh! :confused:
Ive usually put mine into the barbicide as soon as I have got back from a client, but there again I don't have a big enough client base where I have gone from client straight to another client yet.

Good post by the way!

You can use a disinfectant spray like this one from sweet squared..

Hard Surface Disinfectant Spray (500ml)

Or any other spray sanitiser, just spray onto a tissue then wipe down your tweezers, tools etc straight after using them and put them away ready for your next client. And when you get home you can sterilise and sanitise more thoroughly. HTH's x

I would use barbicide as well . That way , if the client can see you are sterilising properly it will make you look professional and the client will feel more confident that hygiene procedures are carried out

I don't see how Barbicide disinfects more 'properly' than the Mundo Disinfectant Spray. The spray is easy to carry, no risk of leaking and is a hospital grade disinfectant...... What is not 'proper' about that? Mundo also do Hard Surface Disinfection Wipes that are also brilliant for mobile techs.

When you're mobile you need to make life as easy as you can without cutting any corners and the Mundo range is perfect on both counts!

The wipes sound handy!
How about it you pre-made the barbicide mix in a travel size bottle and used a spray cap to decant it or does this make it not as good? I imagine thats quite similar to the disinfectant spray?
Thanks for the replies x x

The wipes sound handy!
How about it you pre-made the barbicide mix in a travel size bottle and used a spray cap to decant it or does this make it not as good? I imagine thats quite similar to the disinfectant spray?
Thanks for the replies x x

It depends if you want to use a product formulated in the 1940s or one that was formulated in the 2000s.

Diseases have changed massively and so modern formulations are essential to protect your health and your clients.

My advise would be to go for the modern formulation.

What do u mean by modern?
Barbicide is modern i thought? Also the wipes are pretty modern arent they?
You've confused me, im not looking to cut corners i just want the simplest way to carry and decant which i thought would be a spray as causes less wasteage and spills, same with wipes.
x

What do u mean by modern?
Barbicide is modern i thought? Also the wipes are pretty modern arent they?
You've confused me, im not looking to cut corners i just want the simplest way to carry and decant which i thought would be a spray as causes less wasteage and spills, same with wipes.
x

Barbicide has been around for a fair while whereas the Mundo range is relatively newly developed. As a mobile the easiest to carry and use is either the spray or the wipes, Barbicide is a faff that you don't need. The disinfection properties of the Mundo spray and wipes are at least equal to Barbicide and much more convenient.

Hth's

Barbicide has been around for a fair while whereas the Mundo range is relatively newly developed. As a mobile the easiest to carry and use is either the spray or the wipes, Barbicide is a faff that you don't need. The disinfection properties of the Mundo spray and wipes are at least equal to Barbicide and much more convenient.

Hth's

Mundo disinfectants are tested to medical standards and the levels of disinfection are higher than Barbicide They are tested to BS EN level II.

Modern solutions for modern diseases...
Barbicide was developed in the 1940s - things have changed rather a lot since then.

Ok thanks think i'll go for mundo then, i was swaying towards the wipes personally.
Also used their hand sanitiser before & smells yummy x

I have a small travel bottle that I have neat barbicide in and a little plastic cup, not the flimsy disposable ones, one that you would use for little kids. When I'm settin up I set up the barbicide and stick my cuticle pusher, nippers and nail cutters in there. By the time I've finished the mani or pedi and cleared up, I empty the cup last so the implements have the maximum amount of time in the barbicide. hth :green:

I do this aswell so much more hygenic and better!!!x

I do this aswell so much more hygenic and better!!!x

I use a sanatizing spray or wipes, how can barbicide be more hygenic or better ???! Have you compared ingredients ? I havnt so i am asking this just out of interest

I use a sanatizing spray or wipes, how can barbicide be more hygenic or better ???! Have you compared ingredients ? I havnt so i am asking this just out of interest

INo ts all about prefrence I feel the barbicide are more effective than wipes

Use whatever works for you. I use barbicide because I was taught that in college, and also because I think most people recognise the blue liquid from seeing combs disinfecting in the hairdressers. As long as we are consciously sanitizing and keeping our implements clean does it really matter? I don't think we'll be contracting MRSA from a cuticle pusher or nippers!? I may be wrong though. :green:

I don't see how Barbicide disinfects more 'properly' than the Mundo Disinfectant Spray. The spray is easy to carry, no risk of leaking and is a hospital grade disinfectant...... What is not 'proper' about that? Mundo also do Hard Surface Disinfection Wipes that are also brilliant for mobile techs.

When you're mobile you need to make life as easy as you can without cutting any corners and the Mundo range is perfect on both counts!

Vetty , thanks for you nice reply but erm are you being sponsored by mundo or something ? I am entitled to my opinion like you are to ures . Sure ok you want to use mundo.but there is no need to get in ure high horse and be rude about my comment but using the word 'proper' time and time again . To much time on ones hands I think !

Vetty , thanks for you nice reply but erm are you being sponsored by mundo or something ? I am entitled to my opinion like you are to ures . Sure ok you want to use mundo.but there is no need to get in ure high horse and be rude about my comment but using the word 'proper' time and time again . To much time on ones hands I think !

No I'm not sponsored by Mundo - I wish!! I have used Mundo for a number of years now and as a mobile tech I believe they offer the best way to keep implements sanitised.

I in no way meant to be rude but I wanted to clear up any misconception that using anything other than barbicide meant tools were not being sanitised effectively. As has already been said, Barbicide was developed in the 1940s - things change.....

Lastly, I don't have a high horse and trust me I really don't have too much time on my hands!!

I didn't say that any other form of sterilising was less effective so not quite sure where you got that from . I just didn't like the way you keep quoting the word 'proper' . Alittle patronising

I use lots of different Mundo products. Personally I love it, but thats just my opinion x

Latest posts

Back