Could I be any more of an idiot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortshadylady

Reaction score
So, further to my inability to remove all traces of base coat, the rubbish French and ruined lamp lid debacle, I went on to paint my lovely neighbours fingers and toes tonight. Goodness only knows how but I managed to not top coat THREE, Yes THREE of her fingers and only realised when I used the dsperse! I am amazed that it didn't actually tip me over the edge of the abyss. I just went ahead and top coated them and cured them alone and am now crossing all fingers, toes and legs that it will still work. I have no idea what is my problem right now. I can't seem to do right for doing wrong. I am suffering from a SERIOUS crisis of confidence. Has anyone else been in this sorry state? I have no problems doing toes but fingers absolutely terrify me now and I just don't know how to overcome it. I think the fear/nerves affects my head whilst I'm working. Anyway, maybe a good sleep will sort me out!! Goodnight you lovely listening bunch! xx

Relax!
You top coated them in the end so they should be fine!
And yes, I've done it too- I top coated just the thumb on a client once and not the other 4 fingers!
Just remember to still pop all 5 fingers in the lamp as if you were curing all nails to ensure correct placement for a full cure.
I always work in the same order, it helps me in case I forget where I am! I always start with the thumb of the hand closest to the lamp first (my lamp sits to the side and they cross their hands over).
Try and relax when your working, its not scary at all when you get going, take a few deep breaths before you start, soon enough you wont worry nearly as much.

Relax!
You top coated them in the end so they should be fine!
And yes, I've done it too- I top coated just the thumb on a client once and not the other 4 fingers!
Just remember to still pop all 5 fingers in the lamp as if you were curing all nails to ensure correct placement for a full cure.
I always work in the same order, it helps me in case I forget where I am! I always start with the thumb of the hand closest to the lamp first (my lamp sits to the side and they cross their hands over).

Bless you. Thank you. I just feel like such a numpty and added on top of everything else today, It was kind of a last straw. Sadly, wiping the dsperse away left tiny bits on one nail which was left with bubbles/bumps so that didn't help! I'm a proper prime time nugget today! Lol. Thank you chocolatepickle :) xx

Trust me, we all have bad days- I've had more then my share! Tomorrow is a new day and you will do great :)

Hey there misses! Less of the talking and gossip with friendly neighbour pal, and more concentration on the job in hand!! :hug:

Tomorrow is another day ..... Thank God!

Hey there misses! Less of the talking and gossip with friendly neighbour pal, and more concentration on the job in hand!! :hug:

Tomorrow is another day ..... Thank God!

Ha! You did make me giggle! And you're so right as always ;-) x

Easy done Hun I did the same twice this week lol xxx

that's nothing! wait for this....

iv cured someone little toe to the side of the toe next to it...

stuck myself to a client

removed the tacky shell t/c layer with scrub fresh

the above all happened in the space of one week so don't panic!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

...and my brisa enhancements have more peaks than the himalayas! :-\

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

i have to work from the left little finger in and then the right little finger in..every layer whether it's removal, a base coat etc.

same with tan, i have my routine because i am less likely to miss a step that way...

we've all got distracted and either missed a step or think we have...

you'll develop a routine that you'll work in autopilot but still have to pay attention .:lol:

The good thing about mistakes is that you're far less likely to do it again.

(I once used remover wraps with Cleanse rather than remover - that was a waste of 10 minutes!!).

Not nail related but I did a spray tan once and don't ask me how, but I tanned everything but the fronts of her legs, I said "there you go, all done" and she said "um... Did you do my legs?" LOL! luckily we had a good laugh about it but I was mortified. It happens lovely, and you definitely learn from them!

I was doing a mud wrap and had done everything, it had been on 20mins while i gave her a head massage, then candy take it off and realised i hadn't put mud on the front of the legs! I was gutted but she laughed her head off! X all been there x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Ha!! You lot are too hilarious! Thank you so much for brightening my day.

And 'sticking yourself to a client'? That just takes funny to a whole new level! Thank you! :) xx

And I've just raced round to my neighbours and her nails are really pretty actually. Other than a shocking lump in the finish of one (probably bits of pad stuck in the tack layer of colour where I forgot to top coat!! Oops). What a relief. Fingers and toes crossed that they last.

Thank you all again!!

Latest posts

Back