course help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
hello,

just a little advise needed !
firstly a bit about me ....what i want to do is have my own mobile business doing nails and mani/pedi spa with creative (hopefully booking soon) together with spray tanning and Indian head massage and then build my business doing more courses.

i went to my collage this weekend as the open day was on. i went in to ask about doing Indian Head massage course but when i spoke to the lady she said there was only 5 places available at the start of the day and by that time:sad:, 1half hours later they where most likely to be gone. she did say i could go to another collage about 20 minutes drive away but as i don't drive i wouldn't be getting back till late because catching buses ect.. so first question 1) is there other GOOD courses with other place's that someone could recommend?? i don't want a quick 2 day thing as i don't think this is good at all . i should say i have no other courses under my belt regarding beauty so thought collage would be best start as i only need my health and safety to start some of the courses including the IHM course.

Also i was trying to ask about doing Swedish massage leading to doing stone therapy and also i would love to do Reflexology . the Reflexology i can do at a local high school to me so thats not a problem but when i asked about everything els she ran off a list of course for me to do and do my beauty level 2 which will take 2 years to do which includes eye lash tinting, massaging,nails and lots of other things...But the thing is i don't have a problem doing course and it taking a year or so but the courses all together were going to cost me over £1000 :eek::eek:and would i like to enroll now !

well I've barely got 50 quid in my bank let alone £1000. i came away feeling really sad i know what i would like to do but felt i was being pushed to do a course learning to do things that to be honest I'm not interested in at the moment i know she was probably only helping but it felt like she noticed what jeans i was wearing b4 i sat down LOL:lol:.

any advise in what i can do ??:confused:

sorry if I've gone on a bit I'm just a bit lost and need guidance

the nail side of things is sorted im doing that with creative. the spray tanning suggestions getting started i would be gratefull. reflexology i am contacting the high school tommoz about that course so really it's the indian head massage course and stone therapy, am i right in thinking you have to do a full body massage course before doing stone therapy??? sorry if i'm wrong i've just got a brain of jelly at the mo! also di d any body els have this trouble?

i would also like to know if im going completely down the wrong path in what i'm thinking of doing. i've spent the last year doing my main thing and that is passing my driving test (3 weeks to go) and i just want to start getting on with my learning.

thankyou all for reading
lucy locket fit's in ya pocket!:hug:

You would need a massage qualification in order to to a stone massage course.
Spray tanning would be great as the training is only one day (and there are some thorough ones out there that cover contra indictions, health and safety etc), but the initial layout is alittle hefty (i did notice on the tantrick website there is a payment plan option!)
Nails is a growing business and creative are one of the best out there, why not concentrate on this and tanning, and then build up whenyou have made some money back? Also, make sure you have done your market research and found out if mobile therapies in the areas(treatments) you are lokoing at are popular in your area.
Goodluck, Hths:hug:

Latest posts

Back