Courses with 'The Beauty Academy'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinkOfPink

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone taken any courses with 'The Beauty Academy?' I've been looking at their 1 day Acrylic course in Manchester (and they have a 2nd day Advanced Acrylic)

I'd love to train with CND L&P, but can't currently commit to a full weeks training.

If anyone knows of any other courses in Manchester (or local to) i'd love to hear about them!

X

You can't really properly learn full application, including tipping/sculpting in one day. Save your money for a more comprehensive course and a way of finding the time. If you go on a one day course, find it doesn't cover enough and leave needing more training that's more money and time in the long run.

The advance one for one day would be OK, you would have the basic skills, it's a further training scenario, but not a one day for a beginner

You can't really properly learn full application, including tipping/sculpting in one day. Save your money for a more comprehensive course and a way of finding the time. If you go on a one day course, find it doesn't cover enough and leave needing more training that's more money and time in the long run.

The advance one for one day would be OK, you would have the basic skills, it's a further training scenario, but not a one day for a beginner

Thanks for taking the time to respond Trinity. That is my fear - coming away feeling I need more training, however, health wise I just can't commit to a full weeks training. I've been looking for a course where the days are split up (chance to go home and practice in between and then go back with any questions/troubleshooting).

Hoping some geeks can recommend other training providers.

X

Yes my mum bought me their 1 day shellac course off Groupon - she thought she was doing me a favour [emoji23] and I thought "what the hell, I'll go along for the day and see what it's like".

Started at 10am, 45 minute lunch, finished at 3pm.

We did a test (during which, the answers were right there in front of us) and then applied and removed CCO gel polish on 3 fingers.

And hey presto, qualified and able to be insured.

Make of that what you will.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Trinity. That is my fear - coming away feeling I need more training, however, health wise I just can't commit to a full weeks training. I've been looking for a course where the days are split up (chance to go home and practice in between and then go back with any questions/troubleshooting).

Hoping some geeks can recommend other training providers.

X

Being in Manchester means there's a lot of choice of courses. I would recommend doing an evening course for learning a new treatment. Many local colleges will be starting such courses in January.

The CND L&P Training with S2 (at their Creative Academy in Leigh) is split over a number of weeks. You get to practice between & perfect your skills.

Latest posts

Back