Cover base 6/0 to a 8/0 with no 'orange' (client's words!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelzo

Reaction score
Hi I have a client that wants to cover early signs of grey with a natural base being about a 6/0... I want to get it to about a base 8/0 but without the dreaded warm tone when the client says "my hair looks 'orange'"
I use Wella koleston and wondered if anyone had any ideas for this problem?:irked:

Hi I have a client that wants to cover early signs of grey with a natural base being about a 6/0... I want to get it to about a base 8/0 but without the dreaded warm tone when the client says "my hair looks 'orange'"

I use Wella koleston and wondered if anyone had any ideas for this problem?:irked:

How much white hair? What do you think you should use?

What have u tried? What's your idea?

Hi .. Sorry my internet went down :evil:

She's not got many grey .. about 10% i'd say, I've used 88/07 colour touch plus as i didn't want to get a lot of lift, then next time used the same but mixed in a little 7/1 colour touch. Both times filled in with that colour after fine foiling 12/11 & bleach weaves to get it to look a bit brighter...

The 88/07 7/1 still comes out a bit to gold ..

I wondered if anyone had had better results with something else , would think it might be a common problem?

Hi .. Sorry my internet went down :evil:

She's not got many grey .. about 10% i'd say, I've used 88/07 colour touch plus as i didn't want to get a lot of lift, then next time used the same but mixed in a little 7/1 colour touch. Both times filled in with that colour after fine foiling 12/11 & bleach weaves to get it to look a bit brighter...

The 88/07 7/1 still comes out a bit to gold ..

I wondered if anyone had had better results with something else , would think it might be a common problem?

Is the white hair mostly in the front? Of course 88/07 comes out warm natural and brunette are both mostly warm. Plus you're not supposed to mix ct with ct plus.

I would use 8.0 or 8.1 why are u using a double colour and why the 7 tone too?

Ohh yes is her white resistant?

I believe from what I remember when I last used them all CTP shades are double base for extra coverage as opposed to CT which is just single base x

Do you mean 8/0 8/1 kp? i have used this before and find it's still to warm because it lifts the natural warmth and that shows through...

I used 88/07 ctp to get better coverage.. added 7/1 as ctp dont do any ash/violet shades :rolleyes:

Just a scattering of grey ... maybe could just try a ct but not that much choice in shades ...but i would like shade or 2 of lift!

I diddnt mean a particular range tbh, I would use 8.1 (or whatever ash is) it shouldn't really pull warm but it could be doing it because your lifting from a 6, do the range do a double tone? So I.e 8.11? I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the chart for this range so I need to guess lol

8/96 with 8/0. If she has more white in the front do 2 bowls, one 6% for the front and one 9% for the back. You could always try a patch, at the back of her head, one patch 8/96 and 8/0 and 6% and another with 9%, see of the 9 covers and lifts okay make sure you get both white and non white hair in patches. If its still a little brassy but covers well, just do it and tone after with ct 8/81.

8/96 with 8/0. If she has more white in the front do 2 bowls, one 6% for the front and one 9% for the back. You could always try a patch, at the back of her head, one patch 8/96 and 8/0 and 6% and another with 9%, see of the 9 covers and lifts okay make sure you get both white and non white hair in patches. If its still a little brassy but covers well, just do it and tone after with ct 8/81.

Thanks I'll give that a go.. think the 8/81 after might be a good one but don't like the fact that you need to tone when already using a tint ...it should already do that job :irked:

Thanks I'll give that a go.. think the 8/81 after might be a good one but don't like the fact that you need to tone when already using a tint ...it should already do that job :irked:

Well that'd the case in an ideal world but the reality is sometimes peoples hair doesn't do exactly what we want it too.

Latest posts

Back