Covering grey hair with Koleston Perfect

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekToTheMax

Reaction score
Dear Geeks,

I have a client with less than 10% of grey hair, but with very resistant greys. She would like medium blonde naturally looking hair color... Like this:

2yv9mh2.jpg

I'm scared that if I use only 88/0 with few cm of 0/81 that it would go way to dark, almost brown. But if I use only 88/0 that it will look little brassy and unfortunately would not achieve that pretty natural color blonde (since more than 90% of her hair is not grey). Her natural hair is base 6.

I was thinking: half of 88/0 and a half of 99/0 with 6% peroxide, and 4cm of 0/81 mix tone... What that do the trick?

Please help guys, what would you do?

Problem is, you're a base 6 and want to be an 8, you need 9%. Double base won't go too dark on resistant hair. Also, using the /81 could result in flat colour. It's a tricky one.

I see, but will the 9% peroxide help cover her greys?

And what is flat color?

(sorry, English is not my mother tongue)

I see, but will the 9% peroxide help cover her greys?

And what is flat color?

(sorry, English is not my mother tongue)

If she's 10% it should be okay. Flat colour is where it had no warmth and can look sort of lifeless and dull. Is the white hair mostly in the front?

Tnx.

The greys are mostly in the front, yes, and on the sides. I will try then with mix of 88/0 and 99/0, with 9%...

Thank you very much :Love:

Why not use a different colour on the front area if that's where most of the White is ? That way you can use 9% on the rest and not worry it won't cover the White ?

What colour do you suggest for the front area?

The truth is I am mostly scared that with this colour (88/0, 99/0) her hair will look sorta brassy or too warm... I like the colors that ends with the /1, /8 or /6 the most, but I just can't use them cause I don't think they would cover grey hair :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back