Covering redness around nose, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
What is the best product to hide the redness around the nose. I got a make up trial next week and I'm panicking as never had this before. I am trained by Illamasqua and have there white foundation. Could this be enough to cover or build o is there anything else out there worth getting. Thanks ;-)

I suffer with this myself, I use Bare Minerals and just apply more foundation with their concealer brush over the top of the foundation I've already applied.

Do you have the green cream pigment from Illamasqua?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I have the green cream pigment from illamasqua and honestly, dont rate it at all for covering redness. Love their products but for me its not good for that use. My personal fav (dont shoot me for recommending high street brands!) is loreal cc concealer, absolute magic! Hth xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Any more suggestions please. She is getting married and I'm hopin it won't be a hot day. Lol. Maybe just warm ;-)

Hi. This is not a professional product but I swear by it. Lemon aid by Benefit. I use it to cover redness around my nose and on my eyelids as they are quite veiny. It is a yellowy white cream which takes the redness out of any part of your face. Also makes a great base for eyeshadow. I never leave the house without it on xx

Maybelline superstay 24hr concealer is fab.

I have the green cream pigment from illamasqua and honestly, dont rate it at all for covering redness. Love their products but for me its not good for that use. My personal fav (dont shoot me for recommending high street brands!) is loreal cc concealer, absolute magic! Hth xx

I find that it works really well and I would never be without the peach one for correcting under the eyes.

I find that it works really well and I would never be without the peach one for correcting under the eyes.

We all work in our own ways, I just find it abit too 'green' haha like it will mask the red but will still look green if you know what I mean. Especially on drier skin types I just think its a nightmare to blend, if you have any tips on how you get the most out of it id love to hear :)

I'm full on in love with these loreal correctors though, green in the tube but magically blends to a more normal concealer tone (think of barry m green lippy that turns pink when you put it on) lilac and peach 1s are the same I wouldn't be without them xx

We all work in our own ways, I just find it abit too 'green' haha like it will mask the red but will still look green if you know what I mean. Especially on drier skin types I just think its a nightmare to blend, if you have any tips on how you get the most out of it id love to hear :)

I'm full on in love with these loreal correctors though, green in the tube but magically blends to a more normal concealer tone (think of barry m green lippy that turns pink when you put it on) lilac and peach 1s are the same I wouldn't be without them xx

I don't normally use l'oreal so am not at all familiar with those. I've always tried to avoid them for ethical reasons. I just use the tiniest amount of the green cream, so it doesn't look green on the skin at all. The red is not quite covered but is neutralised enough to go in with concealer. But you are right, it's not the best on very dry skin as all the blending makes it worse. I try to use as few products as possible where someone is very dry.

Green correctors are great at tackling redness, rosacea, pigmentation, blemishes and discolouration. The colour really neutralises an area, as they are opposite each other on the colour wheel. Once you apply your foundation over the top you wouldn't even realise there was any redness underneath.

We do a really lovely mineral powder one, meaning you can apply to your desired coverage with a light texture. No thick gloopy consistency like other creams. The Honeypie Minerals Green Corrector is also amazing for people who have had any sort of micro-dermabrasion treatment too as it is natural and super gentle on the skin.

Honeypie also offers 15% and 20% off for make-up artists and beauty therapists, and 30% off for wholesale resellers (low minimum order amounts too)

Claudia x

Latest posts

Back