Covid-19 changes salon life!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lol12

Reaction score
Hey guys, can i ask what changes to salons are people planning to make?
My salon has 8 stations so im thinking we can only have 4 chairs filled at any one time to keep the 2metre rule! I have two basins right beside each other, i was thinking if i put clear perspex between them to seperate them maybe that would work to enable us to still be able to use both, if not its down to 1 basin! Whats everyone else planning?

I personally think we'll be restricted to one person in the salon at one time. And we will also have to clean down inbetween each client as we were before we had to close. We'll also be using disposable cups as we were before.

I personally think we'll be restricted to one person in the salon at one time. And we will also have to clean down inbetween each client as we were before we had to close. We'll also be using disposable cups as we were before.
Really? I thought once we kept the 2metre rule we would be ok?

Really? I thought once we kept the 2metre rule we would be ok?
Well I'm not saying that's what will definitely happen, but it would make sense to me. Mainly because in smaller shops that are still open they're allowing 1 in at a time. Supermarkets are obviously different becaue of the floor space they have. I suppose we'll all just have to wait in suspense.
Although I'm not sure we will be back anytime soon, because regardless of what measures we put in place, we cannot keep our 2 metre distance between us and the client. Just a thought?

If its still a 2 meter distancing rule how can this be applied by hairdressers and beauticians etc ?

Last edited:
I am in ireland, and we are in lockdown until may 5th but apparently there is to be an announcement next week so we will see!! The irish hairdressing federation are trying to get guidelines and restrictions off the government and the Irish news said today that hairdressers are looking for clear guidelines. This is going to be a new way of life for sure! Its pretty scary

Latest posts

Back