Crafty thread - show us your makes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caramel nibbles, I'm kind of regretting it now as my bf said they look rude! :o

I've never heard of caramel nipples, oops I mean nibbles. What brand are they? Where do you get them? I'm only asking cos I have to bake a cake for my daughter's 12th birthday next weekend and she's a bit of a chocoholic so I think she would love your cake. If you lived closer I'd pay you to make me one!

I've never heard of caramel nipples, oops I mean nibbles. What brand are they? Where do you get them? I'm only asking cos I have to bake a cake for my daughter's 12th birthday next weekend and she's a bit of a chocoholic so I think she would love your cake. If you lived closer I'd pay you to make me one!

They're cadbury's, the cake recipe I use is Martha Stewart's devils food cake. It's on her website. :)

Attachments

• cadbury-caramel-nibbles.jpg
    cadbury-caramel-nibbles.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 323
They're cadbury's, the cake recipe I use is Martha Stewart's devils food cake. It's on her website. :)

Thank you!!! That's it! I'm going to make it. Hope it turns out as good as yours. :D. Thank you very much xxxx

pigs-in-a-barrel-cake.jpg

MM, I think you should make one of these

For our end of reception class teachers gift I arranged and involved the whole class in making this memory tree.
I gave every child a flower and leaf shape along with a letter explaining that one was for child to write something and have their own photo on the back and the other shape for the parent to write something about their childs first year in school, memory etc
It was a slog to get 2/3rds of the class involved and in the end few days I took to taking a few kids off with a classroom helper to finish the project.
The teacher loved it and the parents hung about so it could be presented to her.
Now I'm thinking what can I start planning for our yr1 teacher ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1392365768527.jpg
    1392365768527.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 315
My latest paper cut (cut from a single piece of paper) and candle with bloom effect fragranced with fresh cut roses. For my fella for valentines day :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392551548.541487.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392551559.923039.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392551572.683216.jpg

There's a lady in Facebook called paper panda, she is truly amazing :)
I bought her starter kit, that's one of her designs.
I've designed a couple of my own ready to cut but am busy doing a heart for my fella for valentines first

I've just ordered the starter pack! Can't wait for it to arrive....so excited!! :D

I've just ordered the starter pack! Can't wait for it to arrive....so excited!! :D

Haha and so it begins.... Btw I'm not responsible for your new addition :)

It's a design you print onto paper (in reverse) then cut out, this one was very intricate and took me a while, I got a callus on my finger, I also unmolded the candle too soon n slammed it down on my little finger which went black n I couldn't bend it for couple of days.... He's worth it though lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392635928.467546.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392635928.467546.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 270
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392635961.422750.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392635961.422750.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 256
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392636002.649093.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392636002.649093.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 264
It's a design you print onto paper (in reverse) then cut out, this one was very intricate and took me a while, I got a callus on my finger, I also unmolded the candle too soon n slammed it down on my little finger which went black n I couldn't bend it for couple of days.... He's worth it though lol

Ha ha no pain no gain!! The cut out is amazing this just maybe a hobby I'm going to take on!!! Xx

pigs-in-a-barrel-cake.jpg

MM, I think you should make one of these

How did I miss this? That's amazing!

How do you do it???????

Quick! I've only got 5 days left. Xxxxx

Oooooh made one of these last month for my OH's birthday! Here it is :)

Did you make the piggies yourself? It's fantastic!

That looks fabulous, Bert!

I do have to correct peeps here though, I didn't make the cake in the photo that I posted. It was a very talented person elsewhere in the world.

I will have a go though. Let us know if she liked it!

That looks fabulous, Bert!

I do have to correct peeps here though, I didn't make the cake in the photo that I posted. It was a very talented person elsewhere in the world.

I will have a go though. Let us know if she liked it!

Oh didn't you ? Still, I'm sure you would make just as good a job of it :)

Latest posts

Back