Crazy Colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Im doing a clients hair next week and she wants the same colour as cat from victorious (i didn't know who this was either!lol) basically quite a bright red/plumy rd colour, im going straight for crazy colour as me and reds dont get on lol so to guarantee the vibrancy im doing this.

The client is currently half head bleach and the rest is a mixture of natural dark brown with odd bit of odd colour throughout but not much really.

I just want to know if my plan is the correct one please

Im going to bleach the whole lot but not the hair that is already bleached, get it up to quite a light blonde, wash off, no conditioner then put the crazy colour on, leave 15/30 mins, rinse condition, done.

My queries are-
*shall i do the bleach right to the scalp so it will be completely even and not appear like darker red roots?

*if my client decides she doesn't want the complete lot this bright, if the crazy colour is applied to the brown hair will it still make it a darker red or will it not touch it?

*I have an old bottle of crazy colour that would be great to mix with another crazy colour, can you mix all the different crazy colours together to create your own shade? And my bottle is about 1-2 years old, only opened once and has been sealed and left since, would this be ok to use?

*last one, is there any special way to apply crazy colour that i should know about other than just apply it as normal? i read somewhere it said to keep combing and combing until it froths?????

sorry for questions that may seem dumb but i just want to be sure and i never use crazy colour except for a couple times years ago.
Thanks in advance geeks :)

Can't remember the order of q's but here goes,

Crazy col can be mixed together makes the best cols

I'd apply bleach to mid lengths and ends first as it will lift quicker on roots,

You only need to lift to orange for reds

You can apply c/c to natural/tinted dark hair you might get a slight hint of tone but will wash off quickly

I'd also retail your client c/c to to refresh at home to keep it vibrant

Also retail correct shampoo

Oh applying, I prefer to apply to dry hair really comb through and emulsify! (Not instructions) but trial and error this is my preference

Good luck

Hi Geeks,

Im doing a clients hair next week and she wants the same colour as cat from victorious (i didn't know who this was either!lol) basically quite a bright red/plumy rd colour, im going straight for crazy colour as me and reds dont get on lol so to guarantee the vibrancy im doing this.

The client is currently half head bleach and the rest is a mixture of natural dark brown with odd bit of odd colour throughout but not much really.

I just want to know if my plan is the correct one please

Im going to bleach the whole lot but not the hair that is already bleached, get it up to quite a light blonde, wash off, no conditioner then put the crazy colour on, leave 15/30 mins, rinse condition, done.

Hi thought I'd reply to each as you've wrote it so I can hopefully help you...

My queries are-
*shall i do the bleach right to the scalp so it will be completely even and not appear like darker red roots?

Only use bleach that can be used on scalp an use a low peroxide, takes longer but is kinder to the hair.

*if my client decides she doesn't want the complete lot this bright, if the crazy colour is applied to the brown hair will it still make it a darker red or will it not touch it?

Depends on how dark of a base the brown is, most likely wont do much to it.

*I have an old bottle of crazy colour that would be great to mix with another crazy colour, can you mix all the different crazy colours together to create your own shade?

Yes you can mix crazy color together just write down what quantities you used as you will need to know for the next time you apply, which by the way will be every week if your client wants it to stay bright as this is a temporary color.

And my bottle is about 1-2 years old, only opened once and has been sealed and left since, would this be ok to use?

Smell it, lol usual gone of color has an off smell but if in doubt don't use it.

*last one, is there any special way to apply crazy colour that i should know about other than just apply it as normal? i read somewhere it said to keep combing and combing until it froths?????

Never heard of the froth bit but you can just apply in small sections an make sure you use plenty of product for better coverage.

sorry for questions that may seem dumb but i just want to be sure and i never use crazy colour except for a couple times years ago.
Thanks in advance geeks :)

Hope this helps :)

Thank you geeks thats really helpful :)

xxxxxx

Oh i forgot a important question!! lol this client has rather a lot of hair, thick hair that goes to just below the bra strap id say…how many bottles do you recommend i buy so i dont run out??? xx

Loads, would she not consider loads slices and flood rather than full head c/c as it will be a lot of work to keep it vibrant and looking great! I have a thing about washed out crazy col!

Sorry MissLou, slightly off topic but make sure you warn her how quickly crazy colour fades as I had a total nightmare with one of my clients once who despite my warning expected the crazy colour to GROW out rather than fade! Xxx

Latest posts

Back