CRB checked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
Hi all
especially those of you who do princess & parties or under 16's
I have just checked with Babtac if i am insured to treat under 16 and as i thought, as long as each child has parental consent signed and a parent present then i am fine to treat. But not sure if i need to be CRB checked? does anyone know or know who i contact to find out
thanks (checked searches couldn't find anything)

You would not need to be crb checked if there parents are there you would only need a crb check if you say had 6 kids with no parents but that isn't likely to ever happen you will be fine with no crb check xxxx

Hi. Been looking into this myself as i do pamper parties too. There are 3 levels of crb check - basic, standard and enhanced level. To work with children you need the enhanced level of crb check. However, believe it or not there is no law requirement to be crb checked. It is upto yr employer whether you need you need to be crb checked or not, they should pay for the crb check too. However, if you are self employed the only crb check you can get is the basic crb check which doesnt actually cover you for working with children its only the enhanced level which covers you for working with children. So basic and standard levels are a bit pointless really if you want to be crb checked for working with children. Hope this helps!! Xx

Thanks for the advice
i will not bother with the crb check then seems pointless and i would never treat a child under 16 without a parent present anyway and this is also a requirement by most insurers.
but thanks

Latest posts

Back