Creating New Treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
Apologies everyone but this is the same post I put up a while ago with a new title because I didn't an answer :cry:

Hey all, I need some help! I make my own beauty products from recipes I've learnt around the world. I want to start using them in treatments but I don't know if I can or how I would go about finding out? I don't want to sell them, just use them and I see everyone doing it down Greenwich market so I just didn't know???

Apologies everyone but this is the same post I put up a while ago with a new title because I didn't an answer :cry:

Hey all, I need some help! I make my own beauty products from recipes I've learnt around the world. I want to start using them in treatments but I don't know if I can or how I would go about finding out? I don't want to sell them, just use them and I see everyone doing it down Greenwich market so I just didn't know???

Hi hunny,

You will need to have your products tested before using them on the general public. These do assessments hunny. Plush Folly soap making classes, make natural skin care courses, cosmetics workshops and setting up a soap making business hth xx

hi, you will need safety assesments for a start in order for your insurance to insure you for using them

I forgot about the insurance. I make soaps, bath salts, and bath fizzes for friends and family as a hobbie. Even just for frends and family I have had to buy insurance, lol. xx

If you're using your products in the salon, on your clients, then strictly speaking you don't need Safety Assessments as you are deemed to be 'prescribing' products for them. A bit like an aromatherapist doesn't need a SA for their individual blends.

However, you will need to get an amendment to your insurance policy.

edit - before I get anyone breathing down my neck(!) it does depend on your insurance policy.

Latest posts

Back