Creative Academy London, Shellac 2 day beginner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailo

Reaction score
First thread posted prematurely!
So I've finally got round to booking myself on a course to learn shellac. I've booked on the above mentioned course. It has great reviews but I'm a little worried about one thing specifically! Will they expect me to be very good at painting nails already? I do not have a completely steady hand, that's something that I'm sure will come with practice, but can anyone tell me if they teach that in the course? How to not paint your client's fingers as well as her nails?! How to get that perfect line at the base of the nail and not a crooked one?
I'd like to add I'm not doing it to make money, I just want to learn a useful skill for myself and my sisters. But I'd like to be good at it. I'm just wondering how good can it be at teaching me in just 2 days. Has anyone else done this course?

Don't worry. I did this course as a rank amateur and loved it.

The beginner course is just that - for beginners.

You'll be taught how to keep your tools clean and sanitised, how best to use the various products and polish application to ensure long wear and beautiful nails.

You'll also be taught correct removal to ensure no nail damage.

Good luck - you'll love it

P.s. Fwiw, I started with the same intentions as you and I've now been running a lovely, thriving part time business for over a year. I also went on to study more and more and have just completed the CND L&P beginners course. It wasn't what I expected at all x

Hi Stook, can I ask, what was the L&P course like?

It was awesome. I have to be honest and say I'm still practicing on a couple of clients who are happy to be Guinea pigs. You have an exam before you start the course and another one when you are halfway through.

I admit to not realising how precise an art it is with ratios and placement and the like but I feel like I'm just starting to find my feet with it and managed these the other day.

Not perfect but getting there.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459699138.951655.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459699153.442958.jpg

Don't worry. I did this course as a rank amateur and loved it.

The beginner course is just that - for beginners.

You'll be taught how to keep your tools clean and sanitised, how best to use the various products and polish application to ensure long wear and beautiful nails.

You'll also be taught correct removal to ensure no nail damage.

Good luck - you'll love it

P.s. Fwiw, I started with the same intentions as you and I've now been running a lovely, thriving part time business for over a year. I also went on to study more and more and have just completed the CND L&P beginners course. It wasn't what I expected at all x

Oh I'm delighted to hear that. I booked in and organised my model and the I was like, omg am I out of my depth here! I'm really looking forward to it now x

First thread posted prematurely!
So I've finally got round to booking myself on a course to learn shellac. I've booked on the above mentioned course. It has great reviews but I'm a little worried about one thing specifically! Will they expect me to be very good at painting nails already? I do not have a completely steady hand, that's something that I'm sure will come with practice, but can anyone tell me if they teach that in the course? How to not paint your client's fingers as well as her nails?! How to get that perfect line at the base of the nail and not a crooked one?
I'd like to add I'm not doing it to make money, I just want to learn a useful skill for myself and my sisters. But I'd like to be good at it. I'm just wondering how good can it be at teaching me in just 2 days. Has anyone else done this course?

Hey, I'm the CND Ambassador for London. The shellac beginners course is exactly that - a beginners course. We usually don't expect the students to be excellent painters. Painting is a skill and will come with practice and experience. In this particular course, We concentrate and is more concerned that you understand the shellac system, know the products and is following the CND protocols when you do the service. So don't worry too much if your painting is not up to scratch at this stage and you are correct, we can't be teaching the system, protocols AND how to paint immaculately in 2 days. There's just not enough time.

If after you have attended the shellac beginners course and you are worried and concerned about your painting skills, we have a separate 'perfect polishing' course on offer. The perfect polishing course teaches you the polishing skills that you need to paint a great nail. Most of my students have attended the perfect polishing class with me and they have found it to be very helpful.

Hope this helps.

Hugely recommend further education afterwards. It gets a bit addictive but long story short, I've done all the courses I need to do to go for my Master Painter qualification this year.

Studying and seeing my skills improve/adding to my skill set has given me a ridiculous amount of pleasure x

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit on each question in the online quiz? I want to be sure I'm ready before I start it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit on each question in the online quiz? I want to be sure I'm ready before I start it.

I've just replied to your other post! Yes there is a timer

Yes there is - roughly 30 secs per question if I remember rightly. Good luck! [emoji171]

Oh God, a lot of study needed then! I should've done this when I had some time off work!

I've just replied to your other post! Yes there is a timer

Regarding what you said in the other post, thats a good idea. I just don't want to rush it as I hate failing things, I'd rather just do it once and do it right. I need some flash cards or something!

Regarding what you said in the other post, thats a good idea. I just don't want to rush it as I hate failing things, I'd rather just do it once and do it right. I need some flash cards or something!

Do it once and you will get an idea of what the questions are like and how the quiz is. Then u can revise or touch up on the questions they focus on. You are allowed to fail these quizzes they do give you another go so you pass. Don't stress or worry about it and good luck [emoji256][emoji256]

Yeah you're right, might be a good idea to look at it as a mock

Latest posts

Back