Creative Play/Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesatin

Reaction score
We are starting to do lots of stamping in the salon. At the moment we are using Vinylux but am considering using Creative Play. Can someone please advise what the difference is between Vinylux and Creative Play. At the moment we apply two coats of shellac, cure, wipe sticky layer, stamp Vinylux, let it dry and apply shellac top coat. Is it the same procedure with Creative Play. Also, what colours would people suggest to buy? Thank you xx

I have not used Vinylux to stamp with but I recently used Creative Play and it works really well. I had ordered a couple based on the recommendation of Fee Wallace - she had done a live FB feed a while back about stamping with Creative Play. If you would like more info, some Colour swatches and her top 20 colours she does have this listed on her website :) xx

I have not used Vinylux to stamp with but I recently used Creative Play and it works really well. I had ordered a couple based on the recommendation of Fee Wallace - she had done a live FB feed a while back about stamping with Creative Play. If you would like more info, some Colour swatches and her top 20 colours she does have this listed on her website :) xx

Thank you so much for your reply. Ill take a peek at her FB page.

No problem - I originally just got 4 colours to try out and they work so well I've ordered more :)

No problem - I originally just got 4 colours to try out and they work so well I've ordered more :)

Ive just taken a look at Fee's blog and will be ordering about 6 colours to start off with.

I heard that the main difference between Vinylux and creative play is that Vinylux has a substance in it that causes the polish to be more durable when exposed to natural light, so it was a lot harder to remove especially on toenails considering on average clients come in on average about once a month. Ive personally come across this myself, having to resort to soaking a cotton ball with acetone and wrapping the toe in foil, or using a high-grit buffer (Usually the CND Koala) to gently buff the topcoat and some of the colour off to allow for easier removal. Creative play doesnt have this substance apparently or at the very least it isnt as prominent? If anybody has more information please let me know as this is just what Ive heard and experienced myself. I have also found that the creative play has a much thinner consistency which helps eliminate gooping of the polish. Hope I helped!

Latest posts

Back