Creative Solarnail??? do you like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie27

Reaction score
hi geeks,
just out of interest have you used creative solar acrylic?
do you notice a difference?
do you like it?
i recently bought this powder thinking of the summer period, and a couple of clients with yellowing, having never tried it before, i have noticed some differences.
would like to hear anyone elses views....
liz x

I've used Solar powders with Radical and I love them, somehow the pink just looks clearer and really pops. I had a similar conversation with Geeg a few weeks back. I thought I was imagining how nice they were until she mentioned it :lol:

to be honest im finding some probs with it!
seems to be quite cloudy (this is the clear)
also not adhering to the nail plate as well as the traditional creative.....
maybe its me!
im just not getting on with it, and iv bought a sh*t load!!! lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How odd, I've certainly not had any of the problems you mention :irked:

How about going back to basics to discover where the problem lies, are you using Retention+ liquid or a different liquid to your usual?

If so, it could be a mix ratio issue?

Is the clear cloudy from left over white powder either in your brush or dappen dish from a slightly off mix ratio?

Try doing all the whites first, clean your brush and dappen dish, then a fresh measure of liquid and do the clear, see if that cures the cloudyness.

Adhesion shouldn't be a problem as Solar Powders were actually the original powders before Perfect Colour.

Try the above and let us know how you get on :hug:

Interesting .... where did you buy it?? The CND suppliers in the UK/Sweet Squared do not sell it. Is it OLD stock?? My guessis yes.

The perfect colours are in my opinion much better to use with both Radical and Retention+ monomers as they have been formulated to be used with these liquids. Solarnail powders are formulated to be used with Solarnail Liquid monomer (which is quite old technoogy now although still very popular in the USA for some reason).

thanks for your advise, to be honest i am using it with my retention+, mainly because i didnt think it would make that much difference and also to save money........
i think ill go back to what i no best......
its just that i was experiencing some yellowing on clients for a while, but ill just have to advise on u.v protection xx

thanks for your advise, to be honest i am using it with my retention+, mainly because i didnt think it would make that much difference and also to save money........
i think ill go back to what i no best......
its just that i was experiencing some yellowing on clients for a while, but ill just have to advise on u.v protection xx

WELL THE POWDERS ARE QUITE DIFFERENT, in fact, as you will have noticed in the feel and I would also expect they are very very old which is why you may have experienced yellowing .... cheap is usually dear in the end. Very dear if you start loosing clients because of it.

yer, i have noticed the difference! its crap! lol! gonna switch back, i am really happy and confident with the origanal clear powder from creative x

I have tried many products but always come back to Creative Solarnail / Radical Liquid.
I just find its easy to work with, non yellowing and very satisfied customers.

I've used it for almost 20 years and wouldn't give it up for the world!

Kathleen

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting! maybe ive got a dodgy batch! i did find it hard to believe as i love creative!!!!

Latest posts

Back