Creative - what you can and can't buy??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm sure there was a thread about this recently, but have trawled and can't find it. Just wondered if anyone had a definitive list of what a non-Creative trained tech can buy, ie, solar oil, enamels, tips etc etc. I know you can't buy any of the enhancements products, though can you buy More Than White?

Am making myself not spend anymore until after I finish my Odyssey course in October, but would like to be prepared with my shopping list after that, so it'd be good to know what I could and couldn't get. Also, how do you register with the Designer Nails site if you're not Creative trained, or can you only buy Creative products via Ellisons etc if you're not trained?

Thanks!
Lol x

Cheers for the link. I did skim that thread, but it was more about the Try Me kits for doing enhancements, I'm more after the un-specific (totally wrong phrase, hope you'll know what I mean) products for natural nail care. Everyone's raving about Creative enamels and it's making me think it may be worth the extra cash... going to try and buy of a few different makes and compare them to choose, plus the all-important colour chart :)
x

The only things you cannot buy are the Liquid and Powder products unless you have trained with Creative.

Out of interest - why are you doing an Odyssey course but looking to buy lots of Creative stuff - just curious.

bimbogeri said:
though can you buy More Than White?
This is a brush on thinned acrylic and is exactly like using an enamel - you can't get into trouble with this product hence unrestricted!

Also, how do you register with the Designer Nails site if you're not Creative trained
If you are a secondary account, you should still be able to log on and buy (because you would hold an account number); you will not be able to purchase L+P products without training of some sort! To obtain an account, you will need to make a purchase of some sort! As a secondary account holder there will be certain restrictions.

or can you only buy Creative products via Ellisons etc if you're not trained?
You can't buy Creative products from Ellisons without proving your year certificate and doing education - otherwise we would not have partnered with them!!!

HTH's and BTW Bimbogeri - don't bog yourself down with 10,000 different products from different companies - if you are training with Odyssey - use Odyssey - don't confuse yourself and cherry pick - stick with one product and become brilliant with it! If you are unhappy with your chosen product, then fair enough - I just hate to see people with this, that & the other and end up using this, but not that or the other - train smart, buy smart, work smart and retail smart!!

Hey all, thanks for the replies,
I hope I'll be happy with Odyssey - they struck me as having a good range of products, a good rep and I heard good things about their training. The main reason I asked about Creative is because I've heard so many good things about their enamels, and More Than White seems like a very good idea.
Presumably you can buy them from Ellisons?

How would people recommend choosing an enamel range? That was the main thing I was after, and the reason I was looking at buying one from each range was so I could compare them rather than buying a whole colour range from one manufacturer and then not being happy with them.
I totally agree with you, Mrs Geek, about picking one brand - I've decided to use IBD for my gel, Odyssey for my l&p and Pinnacle for my manicure, what I am stuck on now is my polishes!! :)

bimbogeri said:
I totally agree with you, Mrs Geek, about picking one brand - I've decided to use IBD for my gel, Odyssey for my l&p and Pinnacle for my manicure, what I am stuck on now is my polishes!! :)
well I guess you could always try Creative!! roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, from your thread it appears that the majority of your products are from the distributor Grafton International (lovely bunch of chaps there) and they are very successful with Orly plus their own range Cele! There is OPI, Essie, NSI have enamels but I can't remember the name :o and I would imagine that Millenium etc have their own! Sta also has a massive collection - Spangles or is it Attitude - anyway - there's a few to be going on with!!! Best of Luck :biggrin:

How would people recommend choosing an enamel range? That was the main thing I was after, and the reason I was looking at buying one from each range was so I could compare them rather than buying a whole colour range from one manufacturer and then not being happy with them.
When coosing an enamel I look for:
The bottle top, is the top a nice fit for my hands or will I get cramp lol
Chanel bottle tops drive me nuts, so anything similar is a no no for me.....
Quality of the brush, the better the brush the better the application........
Colour is it the same in the bottle as it is on the nail????
Drying time ????
Staying power
Does it go gloopy after a few applications.........

So just by one bottle from a few ranges and give it a good test run........

CND does it for me......... I actually finish the bottle and dont have to thin it or chuck it lol..............

As for the More Than White................. it's the best thing since sliced bread lol...
HTH

Latest posts

Back