Crimbo Pressies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamla

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my hubby to buy me a UV lamp for Christmas.

Question is, which one do i get? Being totally new to this and knowing I'm going to need at least one once I'm trained, I thought i would ask you learned ones which direction i should be pointing him in. I plan on being trained in all forms of nails.

So what's it to be?

Tam
:hug:

Thanks Boss :D

Just a quick question. Do all UV lamps take all types of bulbs? As in one lamp could do all types of nail systems as long as the bulb is changed accordingly? I'm guessing they would?!?

Thanks Boss :D

Just a quick question. Do all UV lamps take all types of bulbs? As in one lamp could do all types of nail systems as long as the bulb is changed accordingly? I'm guessing they would?!?
The different bulbs for differing lamps probably wouldn't fit.....UV lamps aren't like the our light bulb fittings...one fits all!

Choose your system and buy the appropriate lamp! As Sandi outlined different lamps have different UV output which will make a difference to your cure, it's similar to but not as extreme as using ane brand's liquid and another brand's powder.

i think you have to check the lamp you buy will go with the the gel you will be using, you could just buy any but to be honest if you start buying before you know what training (& brand) you will be using you will probably find you end up replacing your lamp...most of the gel training includes a kit and lamp so you might be better saving your cash and putting it towards your kit...hops this helps x

As in one lamp could do all types of nail systems as long as the bulb is changed accordingly? I'm guessing they would?!?
No, they wouldn't... the position of the bulbs within the lamp is quite significant too.
Also remember that different brands of 9w bulbs give off varying amounts of UV. During tests for the Brisa lamp they found some lower wattage bulbs gave off more UV than some higher wattage bulbs!

Play it safe and take the guess work out of the equation, get the right lamp for the gel and then you won't have any problems or worries.

Latest posts

Back