Critique - first set of acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodieeeanne

Reaction score
Hi all,

So this is my first set of acrylics using my mum as a model. I did a training course last week so I would appreciate any feedback on a first go!

I'm happy to take any criticism and welcome it!

Sorry there aren't any futher angles!

I am obviously waiting to see how they hold up to normal wear and tear and will practise infills when the time comes to it. My mum cleans regularly and submerges her hands in water so I will be interested to see how long they last.

And finally, my mum chews her skin around her nails (much to my horror) so that is why they look a bit sore, not because I filed the skin.

Thanks
Jodie xx

I think they look really good but I would say there needs to be less white so I would advise to sculpt the white in future but if you've only just done your course i'd say they look really nice :) x

I'm new to acrylic nails and have only done 3 sets so far. I first used white tips and had the same look that yours do where the white is a fraction too low and the proportion looks out.
I personally wont be going anywhere near sculpting or pink and whites for the foreseeable until I have much more practise using tips and getting the apex/shape correct.
Here's a link to Dashing Diva no blend white tips fromS2. They have a transparent well so the white colour of the tip starts in the right place which is fab for those of us just starting out.
For your first attempt you must be pleased though as they look great.

No-Blend Tip - White

Here's a pic of my first ever set using normal white tips (looks even worse as she was a nail biter too so free edge was much lower)
It's only a tip and dip acrylic system in the photos - Im now trained in normal l & p.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 90
This is my 2nd ever set (tip & dip) using Dashing Diva white no blend tips.
Although I could pick holes all over them:- lack of apex, tips not lined up perfectly etc...... Hopefully they give you an idea of the difference in tips.

Only down side of DD tips is they are no where near as long as normal tips. They would be long enough to match the length of your mums current tips (and probably suitable for the majority of client requests) in fact, I reckon that once you file the tip size number off, they are about the same length as the tips your mum has on.

HTH
Good luck
Kate x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back