Crystal Nails foil gel black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SapphireBeaux

Reaction score
Anyone please help? I bought this product as I assumed it was used to do embossed foil design with. Yet once cured it has no tacky layer for adhesion? Have I got it completely wrong and made a big mistake?

Thank you!

I have the nail perfect black foil gel and I find I get a better adhesion with a slower cure in the UV lamp. Not sure which lamp you use? xx

I'm using the CND lamp. I did think about less time in the lamp so I did 90 seconds but still nothing - no sticky at all! X

Never used the foil gel before. I know it's new, but I thought they might have repackaged the Decor black gel. In the foil design class we were using the black decor gel, cured for 2 mins in UV lamp, then pressed the foil on the gel bit by bit. SOme foils don't work so well with gel though.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1421398830.851929.jpg

It's this one ladies :-/ it's a nice thick viscosity, and doesn't slide around like a polish gel does at times. But I can't be using it right if there's no tacky! I was using lecente foils x

i would assume you need to apply the nail gel, put the foil ontop and then cure in the lamp. once cured the backing will just lift, leaving the foil on your nails. i also own crystalac one step which is also from crystal nails and doesnt leave a sticky surface after curing.

I had this problem and found after gettin advice about cleansing the bk of the foil it stuck better after reducing the uv cure time seemed to work better... never worked with my led lamp :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

When ever I use foil nail art..I've had this problem also. I would assume that this is one of the foil gels that you would need to apply on the nail and then put the foil pieces on top then cure. If it still doesn't work, then try using a different time setting on your lamp. The gel might be cured for too long. Also what I would do if I have this problem is apply the gel, cure for 10-20 seconds so that it will give me a bit of adhesion, put the foil on, and cure completely. Hope this helped!!

Latest posts

Back