Crystal Nails or Young Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Clarky

Reaction score
I have stuck with the same brand acrylic for years but I'm now wanting a change and have done some research and narrowed my choices down to these two. I was wondering if anyone could tell me their experience of Crystal Nails or Young Nails, pros and cons please, and help me make my decision. I do a lot of nail art too, so I need to consider the range of colours etc as well. Many thanks

I was the same used nsi for yrs and recently did a conversion course with YN and love their self levelling product... its so much easier to do reverse technique and the cuticle work is easier.. wish I had switched brands along time ago only down side is ther isnt much pre made colours as I did have with nsi but feel with YN Ther is also less odour.. never tried crystal nails tho so dnt kno if this helps xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for the reply. Got some big decisions ahead now lol

I was the same used nsi for yrs and recently did a conversion course with YN and love their self levelling product... its so much easier to do reverse technique and the cuticle work is easier.. wish I had switched brands along time ago only down side is ther isnt much pre made colours as I did have with nsi but feel with YN Ther is also less odour.. never tried crystal nails tho so dnt kno if this helps xx

Hi LeeLeez, I was wondering if you could please tell me, the YN monomer, is it a clear formula or tinted?

Last edited:
Heya! I've been using young nails as part of my course and my chosen brand is Fluid Nail Design. I absolutely adore it! I received it yesterday and it works so well :-D

Hi LeeLeez, I was wondering if you could please tell me, the YN monomer, is it a clear formula or tinted?

No its clear xx

No its clear xx

OMG really!!! Thanks so much for getting back to me. I can only use clear monomer as I get an allergic reaction to the blue ones. I really like the look of the young nails products so I might look in to this more. Thanks once again LeeLeez xo

No problems.. I prefer this liquid as although ppl say to stick to same brands only ive used it with nsi coloured powders as youmg nails dont have some of the colours I want so had a play about eith some of my nsi stuff and works abso fine... tho the nsi liquid does not work with yn powders lol

Hth xxx

No problems.. I prefer this liquid as although ppl say to stick to same brands only ive used it with nsi coloured powders as youmg nails dont have some of the colours I want so had a play about eith some of my nsi stuff and works abso fine... tho the nsi liquid does not work with yn powders lol

Hth xxx

That is great to know LeeLeez as I have a lot of NSI Attraction powders so I could use it with those too.
I am using the NSI range at the moment except I use the Universal Clear Formula monomer.

Thanks again :D

Sorry about the spelling.. new phone and new layout.. :( lol

So I bought a YN trial kit which included the monomer but much to my disappointment the monomer is tinted blue.

I did a patch test on myself and yep, allergic!

Oh well I only wasted $25, just wish the info I was given was correct. Perhaps my idea on what is a clear formula vs tinted is different to others.

My yn monomer is clear???

My yn monomer is clear???

Jus received my new bottle and thats slightly tinted compaired to my last batch? I appologise as i compaired them 2day and its got a slightly purple tone to it so not sure if they have changed chemical make up or something???

Thanks LeeLeez. They must have changed it then. That slight purple tint, believe it or not, is what I am allergic too. My guess is that is the ingredient listed as Violet 2.

Oh well I will stick with my NSI Universal Clear Formula, no problems with that one.

I've not tried the products yet, but I love the young nails videos on you tube... He makes it all look so easy.

Latest posts

Back