Cuccio Gel Polish-questions, queries & thoughts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahildar

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Ive just purchased the Cuccio Gel Polish as my local wholesaler had a fab offer on!
Ive bought everything all the prep fuse etc

However I totally forgot to buy the remover or wipe off .. blonde moment .. even though im brunette :p

Anyone know if I can use a normal gel cleanse I have & could I not use acetone to remove ... obviously I will be hoping yo get back to wholesalers next week but just wondered if anyone has ever ran out and been forced to make do ..

Also any thoughts on the actual product how did people find it..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

The main ingredient in gel polish "finishing wipes" is isopropyl alcohol and "removers" is acetone. Saying that, you can use whatever remover and inhibition layer remover you have on hand to do the job.

Thank hunni .. im just so impatient and wanted to have a go on myself as the wholesalers is about 15 miles away and wont be back there until next week... thanks though xx
The main ingredient in gel polish "finishing wipes" is isopropyl alcohol and "removers" is acetone. Saying that, you can use whatever remover and inhibition layer remover you have on hand to do the job.

I know the feeling lol. But now you know what to look for when reading labels to see if it'll be effective for the job. The first ingredient listed is the main ingredient. :)

So I tried it .. it seemed to shrink away I capped the free edge but it shrank away not that its noticable at all but im a perfectionist ..... also dont know whether its me but it doesnt seem super glossy .. any thoughts on this? Im telling myself that it maybe it because I obviously didnt have the brands cleanser and used ASP.

I do love it goes on lovely and the colours are lovely.

Ive attached pictures to try and show sorry its not in daylight x

Also what do you think of my application x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1372378285096.jpg
    1372378285096.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 1372378319021.jpg
    1372378319021.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 1372378357165.jpg
    1372378357165.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,168
If it's not glossy, it could be that the lamp you are using is not strong enough to cure it fully.

If it's still slightly tacky, as well as dull, that would mean the finishing wipe you've used is not strong enough to remove the inhibition layer. If it's just dull, then as Melissa82 says, it could be your lamp.

You can try dry brushing the cured base coat, paying attention to the free edge, to see if that helps with the shrinking.

Think im gonna choose to say I need a new lamp... not thats its an excuse or anything :p

I dont think its actually dull anymore think I just needed to get used to it.

It looks lovely in natural light.

X

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Superfast 4G on EE. Using the Salon Geek App for Android.

Attachments

• 1372431219350.jpg
    1372431219350.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 903

Latest posts

Back