Cuccio Veneer, OPI gel, IBD JGP?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiancaZoe

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend which one I should go with? I've narrowed it down to.. Cuccio, OPI or IBD?
I currently have Cuccio veneer but I am not getting on with it. The soak off has been a nightmare.
I heard IDB jgp is good, they also seem to have more colours than Cuccio. Does anyone rate IBD are there any cons?
Opi has always been my favourite polish, the colours are amazing but I have heard the gel doesn't have as longer wear as the other two above. Anyone agree?

Also which is the easiest to soak off? I don't want to have the same problem if I was to move brand.

Thanks x

Cuccio has great customer service, is easily removed and reasonably priced. The colours look far better on the nail than on the pop so wearing them yourself will be your best advert. The only thing I find frustrating is that the bottles all look the same with just a small heart with the colour on (I bought the trial sizes) and that it is nigh on impossible to tell the colours properly from their website - fine if you will be buying the whole collection but not so if you are looking for something specific.

IBD is durable and easily removed however they don't have an LED lamp. Great colours and sold at my local wholesalers so you can see what you are buying rather than guess when online. Some of the lighter colours are rather opaque and fade over time which is frustrating especially when clients want fingers and toes to match. They have their fingers reapplied and it ends up completely different where the toes have faded.

OPI I've only had experience in removing it and it was an absolute nightmare on all occasions! With this in mind I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole however there are lots out there that swear by it.

My main line is cuccio veneer.. I think the slow removal might be down to fuse.. i used to use it on the entire nail when i first got them.. but now i use it only on the free edge..

Hi,

Can anyone recommend which one I should go with? I've narrowed it down to.. Cuccio, OPI or IBD?
I currently have Cuccio veneer but I am not getting on with it. The soak off has been a nightmare.
I heard IDB jgp is good, they also seem to have more colours than Cuccio. Does anyone rate IBD are there any cons?
Opi has always been my favourite polish, the colours are amazing but I have heard the gel doesn't have as longer wear as the other two above. Anyone agree?

Also which is the easiest to soak off? I don't want to have the same problem if I was to move brand.

Thanks x
I have some opi gels and find them great. Soak off is about 10 minutes. Easy to apply and great colours. I'm a shellac girl but wanted to try something else. Would highly recommend it. Not tried the others im afraid. Maybe buy one bottle of each and try them out before you invest.

Cuccio has great customer service, is easily removed and reasonably priced. The colours look far better on the nail than on the pop so wearing them yourself will be your best advert. The only thing I find frustrating is that the bottles all look the same with just a small heart with the colour on (I bought the trial sizes) and that it is nigh on impossible to tell the colours properly from their website - fine if you will be buying the whole collection but not so if you are looking for something specific.

IBD is durable and easily removed however they don't have an LED lamp. Great colours and sold at my local wholesalers so you can see what you are buying rather than guess when online. Some of the lighter colours are rather opaque and fade over time which is frustrating especially when clients want fingers and toes to match. They have their fingers reapplied and it ends up completely different where the toes have faded.

OPI I've only had experience in removing it and it was an absolute nightmare on all occasions! With this in mind I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole however there are lots out there that swear by it.
Thank you for your help, for IBD what lamp do you need to use? Is it an IBD UV lamp? & is there any reason that they do not do an LED lamp?
I think I am a little more swayed towards IBD, like you said I can go to a store nearby to purchase rather than guessing from images online.
X

My main line is cuccio veneer.. I think the slow removal might be down to fuse.. i used to use it on the entire nail when i first got them.. but now i use it only on the free edge..
Hi, thanks for your help. I didn't cover the whole nail with fuse but I had used it down either side of the nail as well as the free edge, maybe that's where I have gone wrong. How long does it take for you to remove? Does it all come off in one piece and are you left needing to buff any bits off? Also what method are you using. I bought the Cuccio removal rubber things that work with the little sponges, but I don't think this works well for pedicure soak off. X

IBD have a UV lamp which is fine, I just prefer an LED and it's something you need to consider as you need the right lamp for each brand you use.

Cuccio recommend using fuse on the free edge only which makes for really easy removal.

Hi,

Thanks x
I use IBD and on a whole i like them they soak off well. My biggest bug bear is the pale colours are AWFUL in my opinion they give no coverage at all. I am branching out in to another brand for lighter colours

Hi, thanks for your help. I didn't cover the whole nail with fuse but I had used it down either side of the nail as well as the free edge, maybe that's where I have gone wrong. How long does it take for you to remove? Does it all come off in one piece and are you left needing to buff any bits off? Also what method are you using. I bought the Cuccio removal rubber things that work with the little sponges, but I don't think this works well for pedicure soak off. X
Etch the top coat off.. I either use the cuccio silicone covers or the plastic clip covers from eBay work very well.. foil also does the same but I find the clips & covers to keep the cotton snug on top of the nail so acetone is easily penetrated

Latest posts

Back