Cureplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those lab tests do not reflect any independent tests done. When you pay, bias is already built in. As for bonds being rebuilt, this is just a choice of words. Yes, Olaplex creates both an ionic and covalent bridge between to single sulfur hydrogen bonds to form disulfide bonds. As there are many side by sides available, stylists will quickly pickup the difference.

As a company, we encourage side by side testing. The point of the side by side tests was to push things to the absolute limit. You can also check out the review from the American Board of Certified Haircolorists. These are real stylists doing side by side comparisons, not some lab. Olaplex did not create a product category. That would imply other products do the same thing which they do not.

In your marketing, it says Colorphlex is patented. Where's the patent? Number? Author?

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/OLAPLEX-Tested-Again.html?soid=1102356594365&aid=RGJVd8Idfn4

Jordan,

I must say, you have a very interesting perspective on scientific testing by third party labs in comparison with anecdotal comparisons; on hair chemistry and chemistry in general; and marketing. Of course, that's what makes the world go round. There are obviously those out there that will have or adopt your ideas as well.

As for the patent, colorpHlex is not patented. It is trademarked and we have a trademark on the name of the patented ingredient that we use. You know the ingredient and I am sure you can easily do an internet search to find that name The patent holder asked us not use their name as it would be tantamount to an endorsement.

I have also tried to find the patent(s) information on the Olaplex ingredient without success. I look forward to learning more about it in the future.

I agree that people will make their own choices and decisions about these products just as they do with others and I am very comfortable with that.

I wish you and your company continued success.

Scott

Jordan,

I must say, you have a very interesting perspective on scientific testing by third party labs in comparison with anecdotal comparisons; on hair chemistry and chemistry in general; and marketing. Of course, that's what makes the world go round. There are obviously those out there that will have or adopt your ideas as well.

As for the patent, colorpHlex is not patented. It is trademarked and we have a trademark on the name of the patented ingredient that we use. You know the ingredient and I am sure you can easily do an internet search to find that name The patent holder asked us not use their name as it would be tantamount to an endorsement.

I have also tried to find the patent(s) information on the Olaplex ingredient without success. I look forward to learning more about it in the future.

I agree that people will make their own choices and decisions about these products just as they do with others and I am very comfortable with that.

Scott

Your own marketing on the Facebook page says, and I quote, "Patented and scientifically formulated." You may want to reevaluate what you are saying on your social media accounts. The fact that you are unable to share the patent says even more about your company. Saying it is patented and then being unable to provide the patent number would lead someone to believe that you're being misleading to the consumer.

Do you realize that in the U.S. that patent law dictates that you put patent number on all packaging or patent number is invalidated? If you had a patent, your attorney would be telling you to put it on packaging. The reason it's not is because the ingredient is patented. It has nothing to do with claims or chemistry of Colorphlex. So saying your product is patented is called false patent display which in the U.S. is illegal.

Our patents are easy to find.

Look up patents by Dr. Craig J Hawker. Methods for fixing hair and skin. Patent number:9095518 There are more to publish with numbers shortly, both in U.S. and worldwide.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1439981343.600264.jpg

Schwarzkopf getting in on it too!! [emoji33]

Ohhh the schwarzkopf one looks interesting.

Of course it does Starboltz. It look exactly the same as Olaplex but a different name. Oh my

Does 'plex' 'phlex' mean something? Why are they ALL using this suffix?

It's cringe worthy!!

I think it's to cause confusion for clients and stylists and enable them to flog more of their own product line.

Supposing you tell a client about Olaplex. They have it as a treatment, it's great obviously but they paid a premium to have it.

The next salon down the street tells the client 'Oh we sell that stuff, its much better because it's made by Wella/Schwarzkopf and it's called 'xxxxxphlex' but we only charge £xx for it.'

Client thinks, it sounds the same so is probably made in the same place...tries it, hair feels soft from all the added silicone and client leaves happy.

Obviously, that won't work well for the client going from black box dye to blonde. :D

My mistake. He sent a correction immediately after

The thiol is free but it won’t react with the hair in the way you would want. Thioglycolic acid has a free thiol and an acid, does that repair bonds in hair?

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/craig-j-hawker Look at methods for fixing hair and skin.
Those lab tests do not reflect any independent tests done. When you pay, bias is already built in. As for bonds being rebuilt, this is just a choice of words. Yes, Olaplex creates both an ionic and covalent bridge between to single sulfur hydrogen bonds to form disulfide bonds. As there are many side by sides available, stylists will quickly pickup the difference.

As a company, we encourage side by side testing. The point of the side by side tests was to push things to the absolute limit. You can also check out the review from the American Board of Certified Haircolorists. These are real stylists doing side by side comparisons, not some lab. Olaplex did not create a product category. That would imply other products do the same thing which they do not.

In your marketing, it says Colorphlex is patented. Where's the patent? Number? Author?

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/OLAPLEX-Tested-Again.html?soid=1102356594365&aid=RGJVd8Idfn4

I have previously explained in detail why the tests you are referig

US Patent #8,048,846

I've recently tried both fibreplex and colourplex using full head bleaches, one on a mannequin and one on a person, both times loads of hair broke off, and the colourplex left the hair feeling very coated and oily (this was on the mannequin). I'm sure if I wash it again the coating will come off and the hair will be destroyed. I also had fibreplex on my hair at a Schwarzkopf in salon training event and the educator didn't use step 2 on everybody and said its better to use their repair rescue conditioner if the hair is really damaged. [emoji19]

Jordan,

Scott
Hi go to this thread
It explains how Olaplex works
Down to the science of it!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back