Curing Gelish in the CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Just purchased the cnd led lamp to replace my cnd uv lamp. I cure gelish in cnd lamp normally. Does anyone have a step by step guide to curing times for gelish in cnd led lamp? Think Base coat is 30 secs for gelish in led buy cnd lamp only has 10 second and 1 minute settings?

The CND lamp is for CND Shellac only, it won't cure gelish properly so you'll need the gelish lamp

I was told by a Gelish/nail harmony educator that the CND uv (with good bulb life) lamp works on gelish and the only led lamp that will work is the Gelish one. Sorry.

I'd say try it. Opi gel polish cures in the CND lamp. Try on color pops with each coat switching from 2b to 2s and see which one cures best. When I used this lamp I used the 2s setting and it worked fine.
Just purchased the cnd led lamp to replace my cnd uv lamp. I cure gelish in cnd lamp normally. Does anyone have a step by step guide to curing times for gelish in cnd led lamp? Think Base coat is 30 secs for gelish in led buy cnd lamp only has 10 second and 1 minute settings?

Hi I'm road testing it on myself. Did one hand with 2s setting and one with 2b setting. Thanks

I have the 18g Gelish lamp and an OPI Studio lamp, both of them cure either Gelish or OPI GelColor. Gelish base coat is supposed to cure for 5 seconds in an LED, 30 seconds for all other coats. Harmony and OPI have always said that their products will cure in other decent lamps.

That's interesting. It's hard to believe that a Base coat cures in 5 secs. I always found that strange (but true) with the 10 second cure of shellac with uv laml

Latest posts

Back