Curing INK London in alternative lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydiax1

Reaction score
Hi! I’ve been reading up on Ink London tonight and the reviews sound great! Only thing and I know they say you shouldn’t but will it cure under another branded uv/led lamp?? Ive already just purchased a lamp
Thanks in advance x

You should always use the manufacturers recommended lamp, going against this advice leaves you open to problems with product breakdown and curing issues. You will also be invalidating your insurance

Trinity is right about using the correct lamp. I can highly recommend INK, I started using iLac in October and love it. If you just want to try it out to start with, contact INK and tell them what lamp you've got and ask if it's compatible? But if you do decide to use INK I'd strongly recommend getting their lamp. Maybe you could sell your other one?

thank you, is it the same type as cnd shellac i believe? If that is the case would it be ok to buy the cnd lamp that way I could offer both in the long run? Im new to all of this sorry to sound stupid. Initially I thought of just buying the cheaper brands to get started but now Im wondering if it’s better to just invest early on?
Thank you

When INK started out years ago they didnt produce or sell their own lamps & the advice given by them at the time was that you could use CND UV lamps (they were all we had at the time, no LED) so without any other option a lot of techs (including me) used other brands without problem.

Now the issues are more likely to be related to going against the manufactors instuructions & invalidating your insurance should a problem arise. My view is now we have the correct technology we should use it :) xx

Ohhh i see! So say now you had the ink lamp, their polishes but used a dofferent brand glitter say, would that be ok to do? Sorry i sound thick but im new to it all and I want to do it properly. Also Ink or Shellac?
Thank you x

Most nail arty bits (embellishments, pigments, glitter, foils etc) are made to be generic, so you can use any brand of these over any brand of acrylic/gel/polish.

usually when we recommend using something as a system it means using all the products that were designed to go together by the manufactor, so primers, cleansers, base coat, colours, top coats etc. Xx

When INK started out years ago they didnt produce or sell their own lamps & the advice given by them at the time was that you could use CND UV lamps (they were all we had at the time, no LED) so without any other option a lot of techs (including me) used other brands without problem.

Now the issues are more likely to be related to going against the manufactors instuructions & invalidating your insurance should a problem arise. My view is now we have the correct technology we should use it :) xx

Yes, some brands (although not usually professional ones) allow you to use other lamps within certain parameters, e.g., 36 w LED lamp. And the CND UV was a very good lamp and worked on everything that didn't require a specific lamp. But you must remember that LED UV light is produced in a much narrower range than CFL UV and the potential for a mismatch is higher. And I remember that when IBD had a lamp shortage, they made suggestions as to what other lamps could be used; and Gelish and ACG have allowed use of each others lamps. But, outside of those rather unique situations, it is necessary to match the product brand to the brand's lamp.

Thank you! I think I will jist have to invest in the starter kit with their lamp. Im Guessing if I buy the correct kit I will have better chance of being good at what I do? Ive read nothing but positive reviews about Ink London , Have you tried them? X

I use INK. It's amazing! The customer service is fantastic. They're not expensive and the products are brill. They have a nail tech group on FB so you can join that :) x

Latest posts

Back