Curling advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigers-mummy

Reaction score
Hiya i have come over from nails/beauty for advice about curling my own hair (hope thats ok).

I want to know if curling wands are any better than tongs and if so why?

I have long hair and quite a lot of it according to my hairdresser but im useless at doing anything with it. I bought a 32mm curling tong which looks nice but doesnt stay curled with hair spray. I just want them big glam curls (cheryl cole style lol) but dont want them looking like cardboard with so much hair spray. Would a wand work better?

Any help would be great xx

Hiya i have come over from nails/beauty for advice about curling my own hair (hope thats ok).

I want to know if curling wands are any better than tongs and if so why?

I have long hair and quite a lot of it according to my hairdresser but im useless at doing anything with it. I bought a 32mm curling tong which looks nice but doesnt stay curled with hair spray. I just want them big glam curls (cheryl cole style lol) but dont want them looking like cardboard with so much hair spray. Would a wand work better?

Any help would be great xx

Try amplify spray by cloud 9 heat protection and hold the curl on place with that cardboard look, u tried doing it with straightners?

Thanks I'll have a look for some, where can i get it from? I tried straighteners but the curls are smaller so i look more poodle then glam i thought. X

You ever tried hot rollers? There great, but you might need a friend to help putting them in. here is a video to show you how How to Use Hot Rollers - Hair Basics - itsJudyTime - YouTube

Or you can try the wand you just wrap the hair around it and spray with hairspray. ( tip: to get rid of that cardboard look, run through the whole hair with your fingers and then gently spray with hair spray) Buy BaByliss 2285U Curling Hair Wand at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Curling tongs. this is a link to the babyliss wand.

Tongs: same method to remove the cardboard look.

Straightners : Best method for me. Here is a video aswell How-to Curl with a Flat Iron - YouTube

thank you for these links! think i will try with a wand!

Latest posts

Back