Curvy Nail - Best way to apply enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I have a client wanting gel nails next Thursday but she has a curvy nail on one of her index fingers. I would like to know I am going about this the correct way, so could someone please give me a little bit of guidance as to how to go about enhancing this nail?

Thanks
Kayleigh

Attachments

• 2011-10-20_15.29.41.jpg
    2011-10-20_15.29.41.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 2011-10-20_15.46.18.jpg
    2011-10-20_15.46.18.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 255
If you can sculpt, i think that is the best way to go about it.

You need to remove as much free edge as possible and tilt the form slightly upwards. Then even out the shape with your product.

I personally think this would be more easily accomplished with l.p acrylic, is there a special reason she wants gel?

If you can sculpt, i think that is the best way to go about it.

You need to remove as much free edge as possible and tilt the form slightly upwards. Then even out the shape with your product.

I personally think this would be more easily accomplished with l.p acrylic, is there a special reason she wants gel?

Thank you for your reply

Sorry, I got that wrong! She wants acrylic not gel (I've got gel on the brain at the moment as I have just qualified!) She has said that previous techs have stuck a tip on a bit further down the nail bed, what do you think of that idea? Although, I do prefer to sculpt if I can, so think I may have to try your idea :eek:

I definately think sculpting will give a more pleasing result.

Sticking a tip on is more than likely going to result in a gap underneath the tip.
Not good.

Its more as if a tip is an off the peg solution whereas a sculpt will be a tailor made bespoke option.

Good luck with your challenge.

I have two clients like yours. As said earlier, sculpt! :D It is the only way. Tips don't stay on that well. Placing a tip further up the nail towards the cuticle doesn't matter, as been said you'll get a gap and after a few weeks the nail looks even more pointed down than it all ready is. ;)

Well, I had a go and this is the result......my client was very happy! But what do you guys think??

Sorry the pics are a bit dark, they looked brighter on my phone.....:lol:

Attachments

• Curvy nail side view.jpg
    Curvy nail side view.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Curvy nails front view.jpg
    Curvy nails front view.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Full set.jpg
    Full set.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 213
wow theyre gorg :lol:

how did you do the wee silver stars, love them :lol: xx

wow theyre gorg :lol:

how did you do the wee silver stars, love them :lol: xx

Thanks, they are stickers I bought from Nail Delights :lol:

I think you have done a lovely job. One thing i Noticed with nails like this is that they don't do too good at leaving them too long for infills as they can really curve over as they grow out. Other techs might not find this an issue, it would also depend on the rate of natural nail growth.

I think you have done a lovely job. One thing i Noticed with nails like this is that they don't do too good at leaving them too long for infills as they can really curve over as they grow out. Other techs might not find this an issue, it would also depend on the rate of natural nail growth.

Thanks, she is booked back in for 2 weeks time to see how they are doing.

Thank you to all for your lovely comments, it really means a lot as I have never had such a challenge, but I really enjoyed doing it :lol:

thanks they are lovely :lol:
if u dont mind me asking how much would u charge for applying this sticker on one nail, im just starting out and dont have a clue on how much to charge

thanks again xxx:Love:

thanks they are lovely :lol:
if u dont mind me asking how much would u charge for applying this sticker on one nail, im just starting out and dont have a clue on how much to charge

thanks again xxx:Love:

Well, it depends how much they cost you. These ones cost me £1 as Nail Delights is very reasonable, so I charge 50p a sticker or gemstone, a £1 for a dried flower and £1 a nail for freehand nail art.

HTH :Love:

i was looking at nail delight nail art stencils ( pack of ten)

can you only use them 10 times or do you know if you can re use them ???

xx

i was looking at nail delight nail art stencils ( pack of ten)

can you only use them 10 times or do you know if you can re use them ???

xx

I'm not sure about those, I have never used them but I suppose you could re-use them, don't see why not :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back