custom colour blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocolatepickle

Reaction score
Please forgive the photo as it was only taken for me to look back at really, not with critique in mind so theres even still dust at the sides :o.
This was one of my first custom blends on another person after doing my course, i'm after a little feedback on the colour I have for the nail bed please?

Its on a friend and the feedback I have from her is that she feels it is a little too 'pink' for her after wearing for a few days, she says they look more obviously fake with an opaque pink as opposed to the clear she is used to wearing.

I was quite pleased with the colour on her, though will try to change it if thats what she wants. I'd appreciate views of other custom blenders to see where I could have done better.
Thanks

Any custom blenders out there:?:

I'm not a custom blender but i thought i'd comment as no one else has yet :hug: i think the nail bed colour looks very natural, not fake at all.

The only thing i thought after having a look for a little while is that maybe the colour is stightly too cool for her skin tone?

You could try using just a tiny bead of the opaque in zone 2 and feathering it out to zone 3 and using your normal pink over the top, it might make you friend feel a little more comfortable as a happy medium :hug: xxxxx

Thanks, thats what i was considering actually- as she loves the fact the nail underneath cant be seen, or using the same colour but making it much more sheer into zone 3.
I spent ages looking at it wondering if it was too cool but then if i try to warm it up it may make it more pink? Her rebalance isnt till next week but i'll see her tomorrow and take another look and maybe a photo then.

Having looked for another photo where clear is used, I actually dont think the colour I made was too far from her natural colour!? http://www.salongeek.com/members/ch...-wanted-them-what-she-wants-she-may-have.html

Last edited:
Thanks, thats what i was considering actually- as she loves the fact the nail underneath cant be seen, or using the same colour but making it much more sheer into zone 3.
I spent ages looking at it wondering if it was too cool but then if i try to warm it up it may make it more pink? Her rebalance isnt till next week but i'll see her tomorrow and take another look and maybe a photo then.

Having looked for another photo where clear is used, I actually dont think the colour I made was too far from her natural colour!? http://www.salongeek.com/members/ch...-wanted-them-what-she-wants-she-may-have.html

From the other pic, you did a great job of matching her natural colour!!!!! Skin tone is a bit hard to judge on pics so it might just be the pic that makes it look slightly cooler? I'm really pale but my hands always look a little more tanned in pics!!

Try thinning out the zone 3. Good luck, would love to see pics after the rebalance :hug: xxx

I think the colour looks lovely, really natural. I havent trained in CCB yet though so im no expert. Was this done by reverse application? x

Thankyou, I've since done her rebalance and we did as said above merging zone 2 into a clear zone 3 and got a result we were both really pleased with.

I did zone 2 and 3 first and then applied the form to create zone 1. :)

Latest posts

Back