Customer from Hell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Betty Boo

Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first thread so please excuse me.

After firstly training in acrylics CND 4 day foundation 2 years ago and because I am totally mad and want to know about everything nails I went on loads of courses and finally decided on gel nails that is Brisa and Biosculpture.

Anyway last week nearly finished me and I felt like jumping off a very high bridge.

Was begged into doing a acrylic infill after being stood up by the same client for nail art. She went over the top and said how they were the best nails ever etc etc etc. that was Saturday.

Wednesday morning I have a message saying that they have all lifted and basicaly she had been somewhere else and could I forward her a cheque, to the following address.

This was a first for me!

The nails I had infilled were disgusting all mottled and sooooooo thick I was just glad they were not mine (although it looks like I am taking the blame)

The moral of this story is dont take on anyone elses work especialy when the nails are painted hiding a multitude of sins.

Needless to say as she did not return to me to give me evidence that this was so there was not cheque sent.

Absolutely not!!! How can she expect you to send her a check for the damage to her nails, and you haven't even seen them!?!?? People never cease to baffle me! I'm glad you knew what to do and stood your ground. You're a smart girl!!

Not really Im sooooo soft hubby and friends stoped me plus I knew I had done nothing wrong I have been in bussines a long time but in hairdressing and I had refused to do her hair as she had not washed it for ages supposedly because she was having chemo but she said the needle was in her head. (not nice) I could not do it so I would not let my girls. Sooooo glad she would have had a field day it would have dropped off so matted.

Hi

Really sympathise with you...had a client from hell on Friday! I too am wary of taking on nails done by A N Other!

must be a bad month for us..i had my first client from hell last week(not bad to say I have been a nail tech for years!)...really upset me (as I had done nothing wrong) and made me angry too but I am proud of myself for staying professional...and I learnt not to be such a soft touch in future! So I guess if you learn something from them then it can't all be bad!

Well I won't be taking anyone else's nail on ever again.

My customer's even tell me Im too soft!

But you can not change your nature but I think I will have to modify it.

Thanks for your reply it helps to know its not just me that get the strange ones.

The nice ones make up for them

Alot of people have commented on this sort of thing happening when you infill "someone else's" work. You would be better off if they insist on you doing them, to get them to sign a disclaimer, saying you cannot guarentee the infills you have done as you know nothing about the product used before. If they do this then they have no come back when problems arise.

I personally would say i would prefer to do a complete soak off and start again, then you know exactly what to expect. I know its horrid when you get a customer from hell. Just try to put it down to experience and make it make you into a better tech.:biggrin:

I won't take on others work EVER. One because you don't know what damage is lurking under the existing product, two because the product you use may be a different colour to their existing product, and three because they are proving they are not a loyal client and are prepared to jump ship whenever they feel like it..... your lady proved this by saying your work is fantastic and the best ever, to demanding her money back within the space of 5 days.

Experience is a lesson learned through errors and achievements!!

Latest posts

Back