Customer Street - Online Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamouricious

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I was just looking through some old paperwork and found my application for the above -on line web hosting company - they come under 'Customer Street' or 'UfindUs'.

I've just googled them and read quite a bit of bad publicity about them - which I'm actually not surprised about, so although the first thread on this site is fairly old now I thought it might be a good time just to let you know about my experience (in brief) with this company and let you make your own decision should they contact you for business.

I was contacted by a sales rep, who seemed very knowledgeable and promised me the earth - fantastic web site, top ranking on google and I'd be in undated with leads.

Unfortunately what I got was quite the opposite, the web site looked like a word document, full of errors and just copied from my copy that I'd sent in - so no creativity there!

Yes, I was getting onto the first page of google, but.... as the web-site looked so unprofessional I only got a couple of leads - not the 100+ a week as was promised!

Everytime I called the company to ask them to change things and include the pictures that I'd sent to them 3 times I was told that someone would call back within 1 - 3 days. When ever they did call back I was busy and then had to call back again to be told the same thing 1 - 3 days.

It was really awful and I'd spent over £300 as I was so taken in by their promises blah blah blah - what a mug!

I cancelled my monthly subscription, then didn't hear from them - they then called a couple of months after to ask the for 2 months outstanding - I told them where to go.

Didn't hear anything again for a couple of months - same thing. Finally I received a debt collector's letter for the outstanding months, plus the months remaining. I just couldn't be bothered to take it any further and agreed to settle the account and paid about £40 - the actual bill was about £200 or so.

Obviously they have had good press and bad, but I think it's really useful to read as much as possible, good or bad, when thinking about a business decision that can be quite costly, especially if you are just starting out.

My advice is always (I don't know why I didn't follow it at the time!) do as much as you can for free - there's plenty of internet advertising space, forums, or even google adwords (you set your monthly budget) that you can advertise on. Obviously handing out flyers and talking to people is a pretty good way to advertise also.

I do hope this of interest.

I was taken in by Ufindus as well, same story as yours....... It was an expensive mistake and taught me a valuable lesson about doing research and not falling for salesman's patter!!

I came within a whisker of falling for it too. An unbelievably pushy salesman wanted a stupid amount of money though so I didn't go for it. Even when I told him I already have a website he still tried to convince me that I needed one of their websites (a whole two pages :rolleyes:).

Latest posts

Back