Customer with sore nail - car door!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhowe

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a customer who jammed her thumb in a car door today. There is no cut skin and it didn't bleed but the nail snapped and it is very sore. The Gelish has "come away" with the torn nail.
As it is very sore I advised not to do anything with it until it is not so tender to touch. Told her not to remove the remaining Gelish, apply some oil to sooth her nail and return the end of the week.
Is there anything else I can do? What would people charge for 1 gel removal and re apply?
Should I charge????

I'd charge (unless of corse you forced her to jam her nail in a door, if that's the case then I probably wouldn't haha), because I'm mobile I have a charge for my petrol too but for repairs I usually charge 1/10 of the full cost, sometimes it's slightly more if I've had to spend extra time on it xx

One tenth is a great idea! Never thought of that and it makes total sense! She is coming to my place of work so won't charge petrol. She is in a bit if pain so will review on Thursday. Cheers my dears x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400523734.775736.jpg
This is my nail after I slammed it in the car door the day before Good Friday. Never felt pain like it!! I couldn't remove my gelish for a good few weeks as it was so tender to touch. It's less painful now until I knock it 😣😣
Really hope it's not so damaged that a new nail doesn't grow 😕

View attachment 65422
This is my nail after I slammed it in the car door the day before Good Friday. Never felt pain like it!! I couldn't remove my gelish for a good few weeks as it was so tender to touch. It's less painful now until I knock it 😣😣
Really hope it's not so damaged that a new nail doesn't grow 😕

Wow! That looks so painful :O hope it's feeling a little better now :( xx

image.jpg

This was mine in Feb. Also the dreaded car door. I didn't apply anything to it and still haven't. 2 more months and it will shave all grown out.

Oh goodness they look so painful. I suppose nothing will heal a bruise like that. Blimey, best I see her and advise to re do ONLY if there is no pain. Hope you all feel pain free soon

Latest posts

Back