Cuticle oil with acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can clients use cuticle oil with acrylics, I was told that it can cause lifting but then a client who used to have acrylics told me she was advised to use it regularly to stop lifting?!
Could someone confirm what is correct please?? :) thank you! X

A good quality cuticle oil should always be recommended to clients for daily use when wearing any type of nail enhancements or extensions.

Provided the product used is of a good quality it will not contribute to lifting, quite the opposite it will actually help the product remain attached to the nail by reducing nail plate shrinkage from dehydration, it will plasticise the L&P during the first 48 hours of curing which will make the product more flexible when placed under pressure and will keep the surrounding skin soft and supple helping to prevent picking and nibbling. When used under the nail to reach the natural nail growth at the free edge it can help prevent the natural curling of the nail and prevent free edge seperation.

Solar Oil is a very good product, has won many many beauty industry awards and is always part of my recommended daily route for clients and I retail a bottle to every client as often as possible.

This goes without saying really but just to clarify: Obviously at the point of application or infill, there should be no oil whatsoever on the nail plate before you apply product

But after they're finished - absolutely!

A good quality cuticle oil should always be recommended to clients for daily use when wearing any type of nail enhancements or extensions.

Provided the product used is of a good quality it will not contribute to lifting, quite the opposite it will actually help the product remain attached to the nail by reducing nail plate shrinkage from dehydration, it will plasticise the L&P during the first 48 hours of curing which will make the product more flexible when placed under pressure and will keep the surrounding skin soft and supple helping to prevent picking and nibbling. When used under the nail to reach the natural nail growth at the free edge it can help prevent the natural curling of the nail and prevent free edge seperation.

Solar Oil is a very good product, has won many many beauty industry awards and is always part of my recommended daily route for clients and I retail a bottle to every client as often as possible.

Thank you for clarifying, I use shellac so have solar oil and will recommend this for use with acrylics as well as shellac

Latest posts

Back