Cuticle Overgrowth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaissance

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,
I found this site because I've been researching a phenomena that I've noticed in my work, both with myself and my coworkers. And I've wondered what others may think or know about it, yet there seems to be very limited info on the web regarding this particular thing. Here it is.
I've had the best cuticles all of my early life, no work needed. Then I started work as a meat cutter at a butcher shop (food is my life). After a while I noticed cuticle overgrowth and started to look at the hands of my co-workers, they too had similar cuticle irregularities. Nothing painful or extreme, just kind of ugly. I stopped the job for a while and the cuticles returned to normal with no tending them. Started another meat cutting job and it came back and my new set of co-workers showed the same signs. I stopped cutting meat again and all is well with my now lovely cuticles.
I'm just wondering if the enzymes and proteins from the blood and cut flesh that touch my hands could be sending a signal to my body that healing is in need thinking that it's my broken flesh, thereby causing my (and all persons who are intimate with raw meat) cuticles to overgrow in an attempt to heal a wound that is not mine.
Maybe you pros know something about this?
Thanks for your time,
Renaissance

Interesting thought... can't answer but would interested to know the answer too.

Latest posts

Back