Cuticle work & hard skin removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
Hi all.. Just interested to hear how long you take with your clients when doing a mani or pedi,. I seem to be taking ages. I use cuticle away.

Just realised I've posted this in the wrong place..

I take forever! Lol. I use cuticle away too. Doing cuticle worn is actually my favourite bit. I had my first IBX client yesterday and her nails and cuticles were awful. I thought it'd only take me an hour including polish. Took me 2!!

Luckily I knew this client so she wasn't fussed, but I dread getting someone in I don't know and it taking that long.

Her cuticles were a good 1/2 cm up her nail bed. She was thrilled with the results of what id done, so in the end I wasn't bothered about timings.
This was what I had to work with

X ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964238.033107.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964260.268615.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964275.521482.jpg

And after it all this was how the ended up. Her nails looked so much better and longer once all the cuticles had been removed! Lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964329.677019.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964346.059901.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394964354.506916.jpg

I take forever! Lol. I use cuticle away too. Doing cuticle worn is actually my favourite bit. I had my first IBX client yesterday and her nails and cuticles were awful. I thought it'd only take me an hour including polish. Took me 2!!

Luckily I knew this client so she wasn't fussed, but I dread getting someone in I don't know and it taking that long.

Her cuticles were a good 1/2 cm up her nail bed. She was thrilled with the results of what id done, so in the end I wasn't bothered about timings.
This was what I had to work with

XView attachment 59140
View attachment 59141
View attachment 59142

And after it all this was how the ended up. Her nails looked so much better and longer once all the cuticles had been removed! Lol

View attachment 59143
View attachment 59144
View attachment 59145

Well done!! Do you work on a mobile basis or salon? I'm just starting on a sat doing manis and pedis in a friends salon and just seem to be taking too long and ystdy ran into my next client.. Not good :(

When I first started I was taking up to two hours including doing shellac now I'm down to 45mins-hour just takes practice now it's my acrylics I need to work on! :) x

When I first started I was taking up to two hours including doing shellac now I'm down to 45mins-hour just takes practice now it's my acrylics I need to work on! :) x

Was that while working somewhere or being mobile based? X

I have a nail station in a friends tanning salon. Luckily I'm not busy at the minute so time isn't something I'm short of! Lol, but I will get quicker. The nails I did yesterday were just particularly bad! Lol

I'm mobile and some home based at first I was rushing to get to appointments I can now squeeze a lot more in :) 4 sets of shellac since 9:30 this morning isn't bad at all :) it's practise what gets your timings down xx

Latest posts

Back