Cutting acrylic tips for removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone advice for trimming an acrylic tip down prior to removal? Should it only be done on the thinner part? Or not done at all? Thanks!

If you are removing the whole enhancement you can trim the extension by cutting it with nail clippers.

If you are removing the whole enhancement you can trim the extension by cutting it with nail clippers.
I was experimenting and was removing an acrylic nail I’d just created. I used tip cutters and cut it down to near my natural nail prior to soaking. I don’t know if I was imagining it, but felt slight pressure on my nail and wondered if this was because I’d cut through the thicker part of the acrylic, causing pressure to my natural nail. Any idea if this could be so? Thank you!

I was experimenting and was removing an acrylic nail I’d just created. I used tip cutters and cut it down to near my natural nail prior to soaking. I don’t know if I was imagining it, but felt slight pressure on my nail and wondered if this was because I’d cut through the thicker part of the acrylic, causing pressure to my natural nail. Any idea if this could be so? Thank you!

I’m not sure tip cutters are the best way to go as I can imagine them applying quite a bit of pressure upwards.
If you use normal nail clippers you just need to make tiny cuts on the side just above your natural nail and the extension will crack along the width of the nail.

This is a good video

I’m not sure tip cutters are the best way to go as I can imagine them applying quite a bit of pressure upwards.
If you use normal nail clippers you just need to make tiny cuts on the side just above your natural nail and the extension will crack along the width of the nail.

This is a good video

Thank you!
That looks much better and I should have thought of that. I’m pretty sure that’s what caused the pressure sensation and it makes sense. Appreciate you replying x

Practise makes perfect! Good luck! :)

Latest posts

Back