Cutting angles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously spat my tea out all down my top and at work til 7!!!!
Imagine whipping out a protractor!! Haha x

Hahahaha! X

This had to be a laugh right? Surely no one actually gets tools like this out in front of their clients :-o

This had to be a laugh right? Surely no one actually gets tools like this out in front of their clients :-o

I think this thread has jinxed me. I got my blue protractor out today and it was broken in pieces.

The only angles I can read on it now are 20 upto 55.

If anyone comes in between now and 6 o clock and I forget the cutting angle I will be doomed if it is not between 20 and 55. How will I remember which one to use? Do you think I could just use one between 20 and 55 anyway? I mean, it's not like it matters when I'm only cutting bits off the end. Am I right?

:)

I think this thread has jinxed me. I got my blue protractor out today and it was broken in pieces.

If anyone comes in between now and 6 o clock and I forget the cutting angle I will be doomed if it is not between 20 and 55. How will I remember which one to use? Do you think I could just use one between 20 and 55 anyway? I mean, it's not like it matters when I'm only cutting bits off the end. Am I right?

Haha you crack me up!

Oh no what will u do eh!? Just call it a surprise cut ;) xx

There's an app for that it's fine haha! I downloaded a ruler the other day to measure some extensions lol x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek

Are u really been serious lol xx

Pl

HA crazy people :D

Do I what I do, I took the sprit level it out of my boyfriends level thing and stuck it to my scissors, it's amazing for one length cuts and fringes! :D :D

[QUOTE=Nails
What a creative idea! Better than my compass plans.. And would be much less painful x

Ha ha ha now I am laughing

Hahahahaha, you guys are cracking me up! 😂😂😂😂😂 The most entertaining thread ever!! Lol xxx

Nails What a creative idea! Better than my compass plans.. And would be much less painful x[/quote said:
I think the compass is a little on the dangerous side, you need to be thinking of health and safety. The spirit level is the way to go and looks way more professional especially on my kitchen scissors! Xx

Haha this is hilarious!:D

[QUOTE=Nails
Health and safety whats that..? X

Sometimes all you need is a little reminder and I find that WH Smith is really good for that. In the maths section they have sets with things called 'protractors' in them. I always keep one handy in my scissor case and when I forget my angles I just look at the protractor for a quick reminder. It has all the angles from 1 to 180 so sometimes its quite quick to find the one I forgot (such as 45 degrees) but whenever I forget 180 degrees it takes me ages to count through them all until I remember the right one. I just tell my client that I am chanting a ritual of renewal over my scissors and comb to bring them some Tibetan Karma to their new look and it always works out just fine! Lol.

I think you can even get the protractors in pink too, but mines blue to match my scissor sling.

Good luck Hun! Let us know how you get on. And don't be put off by the others here...they were all starting out at some point and I'm sure they all forgot their angles on many occasions...we were all newbies once sweetie.

Xx
Lovely use of sandwiches there classixuk :)

Lol sound like home time! One can not possibly work with a broken protractor

Nails Health and safety whats that..? X[/quote said:
Oh come on Rachul123, You call yourself a hairdresser! hmmm.

The first rule of hair dressing is to NEVER follow manufacturers instructions, always point your scissors near the clients eyes- keeps them on their toes! If they won't sit still just whack I'm on the head with a brush. Works every time.

Honestly anyone would think you lot have not trained! Think I might find more of a pro site.

Latest posts

Back