Cutting extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jadekayle

Reaction score
Hi I recently did a course using hot fusion and micro rings and have very first client tomorrow (excited!) I am confident in application of the extensions but nervous about cutting after to blend? Any advice please?

Are you a hairdresser?

Hi I recently did a course using hot fusion and micro rings and have very first client tomorrow (excited!) I am confident in application of the extensions but nervous about cutting after to blend? Any advice please?

Hiya my advice would be if you're not a hairdresser, id fit them and recommend they get their usual hairdresser to blend them in! :)
Surprised you weren't shown on your course!? X

No not a hairdresser. I was shown but it was brief. just concerned as obviously cutting is so final that don't want to do a bodge job (if that makes sense) I'm not charging them as using them to gain experience but still want to do a good job. x

I wouldn't attempt it then or it will be! (if ur not confident with cutting) I would recommend a hairdresser to blend in, she shouldn't mind paying for someone to cut them if she is getting the actually extensions fitted for free! Well I wouldn't anyway 😊 x

Yes that's true. Thanks x

Even some trained hairdressers refuse to cut extensions, they are too expensive to mess up...

Even some trained hairdressers refuse to cut extensions, they are too expensive to mess up...

True I know plenty that won't cut hair extensions too x

Not very helpful by any of you!
To blend them, you need to decide what your blending ,
If it's around the face just slice down on the perimeter
If it's shorter natural hair,blend in by either layering or.just point cutting out
Hope that helps xxxx

If it's shorter natural hair,blend in by either layering or.just point cutting out
Hope that helps xxxx

If i wasnt a hairdresser i wouldnt know what that meant thats why I didnt say it xx

Hope that helps xxxx

She might not understand our terminology x

Most hairdressers refuse to cut ext that haven't been fitted by themselves. Even I won't do it, and I'm comfortable cutting ext.
It's a bit odd to give pro advice, using pro terminology to a non pro. Are we gonna start giving out pro colour advice to non pros too???

Not even sure we should be giving cutting advice to someone with no professional qualification in cutting h hair!!?? Are you even insured to use scissors on a person?

Most hairdressers refuse to cut ext that haven't been fitted by themselves. Even I won't do it, and I'm comfortable cutting ext.
It's a bit odd to give pro advice, using pro terminology to a non pro. Are we gonna start giving out pro colour advice to non pros too???

Excellent post couldn't agree more! I would have hearted it but I'm on my phone xx

I doubt if the OP is not confident in cutting extensions that if she read that advice she would feel any better.

I'd advise referring your client to a hairdresser to have them cut if you are not confident. All the best.

Ooopsie. Controversy created!! Sorry!! I understand point cutting that's what we were shown but were also shown with razor which they said was easier but it sounds so harsh! x

What I mean is when I was using it only my girls world style head it sounded awful!! Obvs synthetic hair but even still! x

Ok this is my recommendation ,contact your local colleges and see if they do a stand alone cutting course this should give you what you need to get more convenient cutting extensions, and practice like mad before you do the paying public :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back