Cutting Hair Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thank you :o :) that's great news and lovely to hear , I think most people like yourself and the others .... who have made the effort to come on here to ask and find out more information about how to make their cutting techniques better....are the ones with a very keen interest in their career and will have the ambition to take it even further.
I am glad that you are going to take the NVQ route as you will all do very well because you are all hungry for some more knowledge that those other courses couldn't offer you ....
and then when you have that professional knowledge you can be sure your clients will be getting the very best from you all .

Psst .... and when the next person who has done the same sort of short hair extension course as all of you .... and asks how to further their cutting techniques ?.... and believe me they come along quite regular lol ....
then we will be counting on all of you to point them in the right direction :)

hope that made sense and good luck to all with your NVQ courses,
let us know how you are getting on ?
Plus we will be here to help you out with any help and advice in your training
:hug: x minky
Aawww :):) thanx hun! I suppose the courses are appealing to people like me who want to do every thin now :) I just can't wait til I have an nvq :) like some have said, expensive but worth it. Thanx :):) xxxx
Posted via Mobile Device

there are courses out there that are more in depth then 1-2 days courses via habia that i see around.

i stopped at nvq 2 and did a hair extensions course ..
my course was for 6 weeks through an academy i had to pay £2500 for this course but it was worth every penny.. and always gone through the academy to learn new methods
i wouldnt have learnt what i did in 2 days

but i this was quite a few years ago and there wasnt as much courses around like now and it appeals to people as itl only cost a few hundred quid ..

Ohh a 6 weeks course in hair extensions sounds like heaven , could you pm me the details of the academy please leonnib as i want to be a complete know it all and learn everything there is to know bout hair extensions!!!!

I have been browsing some threads on hair extensions tonight. Is there not one thread that you two ....persianista and lucilastix....cannot leave alone without boring on again and again about your qualification issues?
It is rather tedious to those of us who have been reading your views for far too long already.
When someone asks about the best way to train that is where your opinion would be usefully expressed. As long as you can both leave out the rudeness. But in other threads asking for practical fitting advice it is just a waste of everyone's time to keep going on about training like a cracked record.
Ladies you will just have to accept that many of us are very capably fitting hair extensions without your hairdressing qualifications and that we really don't care about your personal opinions.
Now can we get on with more interesting support matters.

really cool...thanks for the informations...

I have been browsing some threads on hair extensions tonight. Is there not one thread that you two ....persianista and lucilastix....cannot leave alone without boring on again and again about your qualification issues?
It is rather tedious to those of us who have been reading your views for far too long already.
When someone asks about the best way to train that is where your opinion would be usefully expressed. As long as you can both leave out the rudeness. But in other threads asking for practical fitting advice it is just a waste of everyone's time to keep going on about training like a cracked record.
Ladies you will just have to accept that many of us are very capably fitting hair extensions without your hairdressing qualifications and that we really don't care about your personal opinions.
Now can we get on with more interesting support matters.

Well,IMO being capable doesn't make me a professional :idea: Nor does it make one knowledgeable in regards to hair growth patterns,types textures and contraindications.Ok so the industry isn't regulated atm it doesn't mean it shouldn't be,and just as an fyi you'll often find people join this site due to their passion for the industry and over the years we've all taken part in threads where tempers have become frayed,ok some may come across as rude,however ultimately all is for the good of the industry,which can't be a bad thing can it ?

LMAO I have to say being boring and repetative in this case i take as a compliment plain and simple. Nobody would need to be offended if the truth didnt hurt with my and persianista'a comments!!!!

I read lindahr comment earlier and didn't feel the need to dignify it with a reply. There are always people who disagree on forums.

LMAO I have to say being boring and repetative in this case i take as a compliment plain and simple. Nobody would need to be offended if the truth didnt hurt with my and persianista'a comments!!!!

It's not your useful comments that's the problem ladies, it's your commandeering a thread yet again therefore blocking any advice other than DO YOUR NVQ3!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus your consistent and very unprofessional rudeness. It's not the truth that hurts it's rudeness that puts peoples' backs up....two very different things. I agree the truth can make one uncomfortable if it's something you don't want to hear. But where is the truth in your rude and ignorant comments about unqualified extensionists? And this will just make people stop listening to you at all.
So come on....lighten up....make your point briefly and professionally in a pleasant manner and you will have much more influence.
I love the idea of forums but as a professional business woman I have no time for female back-biting. I have a business to run and want everything I do to be effective. Let's keep this forum professional and effective.

Let's keep this forum professional and effective.
In order to keep the site professional it's our duty, as professionals in our respective fields, to advise and help re qualifications. How can we be respected if we allow people to believe that working without qualifications is acceptable? So yes, we will keep on about being qualified and we will keep on about having insurance etc etc
I think perhaps you're confusing rudeness with shooting from the hip and being honest and truthful!

On that note, being as this thread was dragged up from a few months ago, thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back