Cutting nano ring hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just done a second refit on my clients full head of nano rings. I really struggled cutting them. I don't know why, I am usually fine cutting weaves, I just couldn't get it to blend. Any tips would be appreciated. Here are the before and afters.... (The blonde looks a little out of place as her blonde has faded slightly)

image.jpeg

What exactly did you do to cut it like what techniques?

What exactly did you do to cut it like what techniques?
I took the majority off to the longest length, pulled it forward and cut into it and razored it and then took it to the back to try and tidy it up, but it just looks terrible! I feel like you can see individual pieces rather than it blending and I don't know where I went wrong.

You could use thinning scissors to blend the ends of extensions.

With extensions you really need to do a lot of soft point cutting because if you cut them too blunt you'll literally see every line. You may have cut them to the point where every single hair in the strand is the same length thus resulting in a really harsh end.

I agree with Cams97 I tend to soft point cut section at a time to soften the look, extensions are notorious for looking blunt x

I agree with Cams97 I tend to soft point cut section at a time to soften the look, extensions are notorious for looking blunt x
Sorry to sound really stupid, what is a 'soft point section' can anyone recommend a video maybe to see? As you can see from where i cut them you can literally see every individual piece. I think i am going to go and see her and try and do a better job.

She did actually have them cut by a hairdressing before coming to me for maintenance but they didn't look amazing.

Sorry to sound really stupid, what is a 'soft point section' can anyone recommend a video maybe to see? As you can see from where i cut them you can literally see every individual piece. I think i am going to go and see her and try and do a better job.

She did actually have them cut by a hairdressing before coming to me for maintenance but they didn't look amazing.

Softly point cut a section at a time.

this is a technique to add layers into extensions. Probably the easiest and most generic technique that'll work for all hair types. You can use this to blend extensions by starting the layering where the natural hair ends.

here are some point cutting techniques. It'll take the weight out of the ends to soften.

Are you qualified to cut hair?if not you need to cutting course to offer full service to your clients.

Are you qualified to cut hair?if not you need to cutting course to offer full service to your clients.
No I am not qualified to cut hair. I am qualified to apply hair extensions and cut them.

Ah this is great guys I don't do these techniques currently ... I tend to do the same as I would human hair ...
but I'll have a go tonight and post a picture :)))

No I am not qualified to cut hair. I am qualified to apply hair extensions and cut them.
Technically you are only insured to cut the extension hair not blend them though as you aren't allowed to cut the clients natural hair. This making it impossible to get a great seamless finish

Technically you are only insured to cut the extension hair not blend them though as you aren't allowed to cut the clients natural hair. This making it impossible to get a great seamless finish
I don't cut the clients natural hair, I cut the extensions, as I said above. So yes, I am insured.

Latest posts

Back